Joel Embiid Treated For Bell's Palsy Since Play-In Game

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid Treated For Bell's Palsy Since Play-In Game 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 am

Joel Embiid has been treated for a mild case of Bell's Palsy over the past week. 

The condition began during the Philadelphia 76ers' Play-In win last week against the Miami Heat. Embiid has been spotted wearing sunglasses inside, which is related to the condition.

Embiid had 50 points in Philadelphia's Game 3 win over the New York Knicks.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Re: Joel Embiid Treated For Bell's Palsy Since Play-In Game 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:11 am

I heard several reporters laughing about Embiid's eye before his condition was known. Once that foot is in your mouth, it's hard to get it out.
Bolsolixo
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Bolsolixo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 am

Yes, he had 50 points and até least 3 dirty plays in this last game. But I guess the game report will be ok with It, since It don't happened in the last 2 minutes
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,697

Post#4 » by rzzzzz » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 pm

The end of game 2 was just an awful misunderstanding. The refs thought Embiid was scowling at them, and acted accordingly.
Appleshampoo
Starter
And1: 931

Post#5 » by Appleshampoo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 pm

:violin: sympathy of the best disguise
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,589

Post#6 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:40 pm

Makes sense, seemed like something medical in game two. I was afraid he was going to stroke out but Bell's Palsy actually is the logical answer. Hopefully it passes quickly
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:I heard several reporters laughing about Embiid's eye before his condition was known. Once that foot is in your mouth, it's hard to get it out.

They didn't know. Kind of hard to get on them for making fun when they had no idea. It's like Chris Rick's GI Jane joke. He had no idea she had a medical condition; nor should we expect everyone to know everything about everyone's private life.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,599

Post#8 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm

Bolsolixo wrote:Yes, he had 50 points and até least 3 dirty plays in this last game. But I guess the game report will be ok with It, since It don't happened in the last 2 minutes

You drunk?
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,011

Post#9 » by kalel123 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 pm

So another list of excuses for the dirtiest player in the NBA. Break a leg. Joel Embiid. You deserve it.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,219

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am

alienpick wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I heard several reporters laughing about Embiid's eye before his condition was known. Once that foot is in your mouth, it's hard to get it out.

They didn't know. Kind of hard to get on them for making fun when they had no idea. It's like Chris Rick's GI Jane joke. He had no idea she had a medical condition; nor should we expect everyone to know everything about everyone's private life.

Making fun of how people look is grade school behavior, and "they didn't know" is a grade school excuse. Keeping your mouth shut is always an option, no matter who you are. The people laughing at Embiid were reporters who's jobs should require them to know before they speak. They aren't funny and nobody is paying them to be funny.

Chris Rock is a chump for that joke and Will Smith is a chump for his reaction... But Rock is a comedian and comedians are bound to miss the mark from time to time. Will Smith is a man and men have been known to lose it from time to time. I find myself understanding both sides while generally not caring about that incident at all.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#11 » by deeps6x » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am

HPV can trigger Bell's Palsy. Is there a cure for that?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia

Return to Wiretap Discussion