Mike Budenholzer Expected To Be Prominent Candidate For Suns

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Mike Budenholzer Expected To Be Prominent Candidate For Suns 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2024 9:16 pm

Mike Budenholzer is expected to be a prominent candidate to replace Frank Vogel as head coach of the Phoenix Suns. The Suns fired Vogel on Thursday.

Budenholzer was fired by the Milwaukee Bucks last season.

Budenholzer is a native of Arizona and has been linked with the Suns' job in the past.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Re: Mike Budenholzer Expected To Be Prominent Candidate For Suns 

Post#2 » by Revived » Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 am

offtherimhoops wrote:If this is the direction they end up going, I don't really see the point of firing Vogel. Is Budenholzer really going to make that big of a difference? Feels like we will be right back here next year.

Who’s the better option than you think?

Suns were trash in both the reg season and playoffs. Literally just won 47 games just off sheer talent.

Budenholzer is at least a great reg season coach and his teams at least make a small run in the playoffs. Suns likely will make playoffs and at least win one round with Budenholzer unlike getting swept in the first round.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#3 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 am

Sometimes players just need a different voice. Im glad is back in the coaching game.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:49 am

Aside from millions of dollars and the status of being an NBA coach, would you really want to try and lead this team?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#5 » by PerfectJab » Fri May 10, 2024 1:16 pm

Makes sense. Of all the candidates they have mentioned he is probably the most qualified.

Had some questionable playoff moments but he did ultimately win a championship. He has shown that he can make a difference ala with the Hawks and Bucks.

Both teams saw considerable improvements after his hiring.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 148

Post#6 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm

PerfectJab wrote:Makes sense. Of all the candidates they have mentioned he is probably the most qualified.

Had some questionable playoff moments but he did ultimately win a championship. He has shown that he can make a difference ala with the Hawks and Bucks.

Waiter, I'll have whatever crack this person is doing.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#7 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:29 pm

I really can't stop laughing because the Suns literally just brought in the SAME PERSON... Vogel, defensive head coach, Mike Budenholzer, defensive head coach... So what do they expect that he can do, that Vogel didn't?
MitchB3
Starter

Post#8 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Revived wrote:
offtherimhoops wrote:If this is the direction they end up going, I don't really see the point of firing Vogel. Is Budenholzer really going to make that big of a difference? Feels like we will be right back here next year.

Who’s the better option than you think?

Suns were trash in both the reg season and playoffs. Literally just won 47 games just off sheer talent.

Budenholzer is at least a great reg season coach and his teams at least make a small run in the playoffs. Suns likely will make playoffs and at least win one round with Budenholzer unlike getting swept in the first round.

I wouldn't say "great" but he's decent in the regular season.... Now playoffs? He and Vogel are basically the same.

Mike: 56 Wins - 48 Losses --> 53.8%
Vogel: 49 Wins - 43 losses --> 53.3%
MitchB3
Starter

Post#9 » by MitchB3 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 pm

TheCage4 wrote:Aside from millions of dollars and the status of being an NBA coach, would you really want to try and lead this team?

No.
PerfectJab
Veteran

Post#10 » by PerfectJab » Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:Makes sense. Of all the candidates they have mentioned he is probably the most qualified.

It's the crack called maturity. You're using ad-hominem abusive because you lack the critical thinking skills to actually make an argument or ability to control your emotions. Would suggest you work on it, you remind me of my high school years :lol:
MitchB3
Starter

Post#11 » by MitchB3 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

It's the crack called maturity. You're using ad-hominem abusive because you lack the critical thinking skills to actually make an argument or ability to control your emotions. Would suggest you work on it, you remind me of my high school years :lol:

MFer what? Whatever helps you sleep at night...
PerfectJab
Veteran

Post#12 » by PerfectJab » Tue May 14, 2024 4:20 am

MitchB3 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

There you go again. Spewing insults and trite phrases to make up for your inability to come up with an argument. Should work on controlling your mind and not letting your emotions run you.
MitchB3
Starter

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:16 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

There you go again. Spewing insults and trite phrases to make up for your inability to come up with an argument. Should work on controlling your mind and not letting your emotions run you.

Work on that with your mother. Shesh. :noway: :noway: :roll: :roll:
PerfectJab
Veteran

Post#14 » by PerfectJab » Wed May 15, 2024 5:23 am

MitchB3 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

Work on that with your mother. Shesh. :noway: :noway: :roll: :roll:

Another high school response talking about people's mother's lol

Grow up.

Return to Wiretap Discussion