Royce White Leaves Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Royce White Leaves Rio Grande Valley Vipers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Royce White announced via Twitter that he is leaving the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

White did not offer an explanation, but later said he was returning to Houston, not the Rockets.

White appeared in 12 games for the Vipers and averaged 9.6 points and 5.6 rebounds, making 41.6 percent of his shots and 62 percent of his free throws.

Via Jonathan Feigen/Houston Chronicle

SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,161

Re: Royce White Leaves Rio Grande Valley Vipers 

Post#2 » by SHO'NUFF » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Oh well. The Rockets need to let him go. Move on.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
SportsFan88
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Royce White Leaves Rio Grande Valley Vipers 

Post#3 » by SportsFan88 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:07 am

Putting aside Royce White's anxiety issues, I think one thing is certain---

He was really unimpressive during his stint in the D-League.

I truly believe that Royce thought he would show up out of nowhere and dominate everyone.

Now he realizes how poorly he was playing, and while it hasn't been announced yet, I am almost certain he will say he left because the team couldn't meet the conditions required to treat his disorder, or something related.

He will most assuredly use this as a crutch to excuse his awful play...but the reality is, he just couldn't get it done. His status as a "sleeper pick" is disseminating quickly. He just did not perform.

Everyone can go on about this and that, but let's face it...Royce White is rapidly turning into a bust.

I take medication for anxiety disorder myself, so I do feel his pain. However, there comes a point in time, when one must draw the line between "medically unable to play" and "not talented enough."
--------------------- The greatest franchise in sports history ---------------------- Image

Return to Wiretap Discussion