Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bobcats Interested In DeMarcus Cousins

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bobcats Interested In DeMarcus Cousins 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 29, 2013 4:59 pm

The Cleveland Cavaliers, Charlotte Bobcats and Dallas Mavericks are three teams that have interest in trading for DeMarcus Cousins if the new ownership of the Sacramento Kings decide to part ways with their most valued asset, according to sources.

The Bobcats are motivated to turnaround their long rebuilding situation and would surely be willing to build a package for Cousins around the No. 4 pick.

Cousins would be 'Plan C' for the Mavericks if they are unable to sign either Chris Paul or Dwight Howard.

Cousins is entering the final season of his contract before reaching restricted free agency.

Via Chad Ford/ESPN

gokings2010
Sophomore
And1: 6

Re: Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bobcats Interested In DeMarcus Cou 

Post#2 » by gokings2010 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:31 pm

With new ownership of the Sacramento Kings why would they do such a dumb trade? They are trying to make the team better and build around wat we have. Cousins is our main building block as Tyreke is a restricted free agent and may leave. Why would we trade for the Bobcats trash and get a #4 pick for a Center that ( if he gets it together) can be the best in league. The Bobcats can keep there #4 and there crappy players thanks.
zerowolf88
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#3 » by zerowolf88 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Demarcus is a headcase and may never mature.He only has 1 year left before hes a rfa are the kings really willing to sign this guy for big money.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#4 » by King4Day » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

I could see Charlotte or Cleveland putting together a package for him. Dallas though? Who do they have? As a Suns fan, there's not a single person on their team I would want to build my team around. If they strike out this offseason, Dallas is chasing mediocrity.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#5 » by God Squad » Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm

zerowolf88 wrote:Demarcus is a headcase and may never mature.He only has 1 year left before hes a rfa are the kings really willing to sign this guy for big money.

If I was Sac GM I`d move him simply because
1. He may never get it
2. Don`t think he wants to be here
3. I`m nearly positive he will leave next year
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#6 » by BIG match » Wed May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Makes no sense for SAC to trade him. Get this kid a mentor or some anger management courses but why would you give up on a talent like that before his rookie deal even expires. If they do this theyre going to be bottom feeders forever. IMO hes the only guy worth keeping. They need to surround him with vets and get rid of Evans, Thompson and Thornton and just bring in new faces...like Washington did with Wall

They should hire Raheed Wallace to mentor him. This kid needs a role model
BIG match
Banned User
And1: 144

Post#7 » by BIG match » Wed May 29, 2013 6:58 pm

God Squad wrote:
zerowolf88 wrote:Demarcus is a headcase and may never mature.He only has 1 year left before hes a rfa are the kings really willing to sign this guy for big money.

If I was Sac GM I`d move him simply because
1. He may never get it
2. Don`t think he wants to be here
3. I`m nearly positive he will leave next year

He has no say in leaving yet and if Zbo has taught us anything, its not to give up on these types of players cause when they "get it", itll pay huge dividens
gujuak
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#8 » by gujuak » Wed May 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Yet the Mavs are still better than both of those teams DarkHawk and with a lot cap space.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#9 » by willywazza » Thu May 30, 2013 1:29 am

I think out of those three reported teams, only Cleveland has a realistic shot at acquiring him by sending back the #1 pick in this year's draft.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#10 » by God Squad » Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 am

willywazza wrote:I think out of those three reported teams, only Cleveland has a realistic shot at acquiring him by sending back the #1 pick in this year's draft.

Agreed. He would also look better and imo be more productive on that team. Sac is a mess in terms of roster.
SteveNizzy
Junior
And1: 8

Post#11 » by SteveNizzy » Thu May 30, 2013 5:44 am

Kings have really messed up with DC, from the beginning they should of brought in vets to work with his talent, instead they resigned another head case Thompson, and drafted a next one thomas robinson.

Return to Wiretap Discussion