Ian Clark Drawing Interest From Warriors, Blazers, Jazz, European Teams

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ian Clark Drawing Interest From Warriors, Blazers, Jazz, European Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Ian Clark is receiving interest from the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz following a strong performance in Summer League.

Clark played for the Warriors in Las Vegas and for the Miami Heat in Orlando.

"I'll sit down with my agent and family and talk about," Clark said. "I don't know too many details. But I want to make the right decision.

"I'm trying not to pay attention to what I can't control. I just wanted to come out, play basketball and play well."

Clark is a 6-3 combo guard that is also receiving interest from European teams.

Clark played collegiately at Belmont.

Via Jeff Zilgitt/USA Today

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Ian Clark Drawing Interest From Warriors, Blazers, Jazz, 

Post#2 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am

Playing in Europe wouldn't be an option. I think his heart is set to play in the NBA especially a strong showing in the summer league for both the Miami Heat and Golden State Warriors. He can always play for a European team in the near future, which shouldn't be too difficult to get sign compare to getting sign by a NBA team. I hope the Warriors sign him at the end of the day though. Steph, Klay, and Ian would seriously be the BEST shooting guards in the NBA.
Hikari
Starter
And1: 255

Post#3 » by Hikari » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:41 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Playing in Europe wouldn't be an option. I think his heart is set to play in the NBA especially a strong showing in the summer league for both the Miami Heat and Golden State Warriors. He can always play for a European team in the near future, which shouldn't be too difficult to get sign compare to getting sign by a NBA team. I hope the Warriors sign him at the end of the day though. Steph, Klay, and Ian would seriously be the BEST shooting guards in the NBA.

It might me good for the warriors to sign him. However, if he wants a good amount of playing time there is time to be had with the Jazz. That might be the best situation for him.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#4 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Hikari wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:Playing in Europe wouldn't be an option. I think his heart is set to play in the NBA especially a strong showing in the summer league for both the Miami Heat and Golden State Warriors. He can always play for a European team in the near future, which shouldn't be too difficult to get sign compare to getting sign by a NBA team. I hope the Warriors sign him at the end of the day though. Steph, Klay, and Ian would seriously be the BEST shooting guards in the NBA.

It might me good for the warriors to sign him. However, if he wants a good amount of playing time there is time to be had with the Jazz. That might be the best situation for him.

I agree that the Jazz is the best situation for him considering there's only Trey Burke at PG. Lillard, Matthews, and McCollum will get all the minutes at the guards position in Portland. I also think Barton or Crabbe will get couple of minutes as well. There is no playing time for Ian Clark in Portland unless he can play center haha

However, the minutes for the backup PG is up for grabs with the Golden State Warriors. Curry will get about 36 minutes at PG, Klay Thompson will play about 34 minutes at SG even though I think he should come off the bench, and Iguodala will play the rest of the 14 minutes at SG after switching from SF. The only minutes that's left is 12 minutes at PG.

PG=Curry (36) & Clark/Douglas/Bazemore/Nedovic (12)
SG=Thompson (34) & Iguodala (14)
SF=Iguodala (20) & Barnes (28)

Return to Wiretap Discussion