Kobe Likes Odds Of Pau Gasol Re-Signing With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Re: Kobe Likes Odds Of Pau Gasol Re-Signing With Lakers 

Post#21 » by NBADraft2003 » Sat Mar 8, 2014 2:34 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Mr Grant Hill wrote:remember kobe's comments when he signed that 50/2 contract?
"Don't just learn ur sport .. Learn the sports industry" - probably the funniest comment he ever made.
kobe knows everyting about self-marketing, taking personal advantage - being perfectly selfish.
but he doesn't know anything about a team's economics.
there's no freaking way gasol will be a laker come october.
kobe proving again that he doesn't know anything about how this world works.
Damn he got 50 ?....Could've swore it was only 48.

It was 48.50, $23 then 25.5. Feel like you're just being sarcastic lol.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,719

Post#22 » by slicedbread2 » Sat Mar 8, 2014 7:45 am

NBADraft2003 wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:If Memphis can unload Z-Bo for picks/prospects they should sign Pau and play the brothers together.

Why would Memphis do that when Z-Bo is better?

I think they could do a smarter deal instead. Pau pretty much said in an interview that the money doesn't matter to him now since he's made 156 million plus he wants to win. He knows this ain't happening with dumb and dumber running the show in LA. If I were management, I talk with Randolph and give him a David West like deal if he opts out of his current deal. Once you get that done for Z-Dolph, you could get Gasol to sign a 2 year deal for say 6-8 million a year with a team option for a third year. Once you get this done, you could then convince Marc to take a pay cut knowing that the Grizz would have an opportunity to be a title contender for a long while. Maybe the Lakers could do a S&T, but if they couldn't get it done for Dwight where they could have gotten 2 first rounders and a trade exception, I wouldn't hold my breath with the Gasol thing plus D'Antoni is more likely to be around.
kb all day
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#23 » by kb all day » Sat Mar 8, 2014 3:52 pm

Its hard to imagine Pau staying with Mike D as coach. Maybe Kobe is thinking a coaching change is whats more likely to happen.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#24 » by DEEP3CL » Sat Mar 8, 2014 6:18 pm

NBADraft2003 wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
Mr Grant Hill wrote:remember kobe's comments when he signed that 50/2 contract?
"Don't just learn ur sport .. Learn the sports industry" - probably the funniest comment he ever made.
kobe knows everyting about self-marketing, taking personal advantage - being perfectly selfish.
but he doesn't know anything about a team's economics.
there's no freaking way gasol will be a laker come october.
kobe proving again that he doesn't know anything about how this world works.
Damn he got 50 ?....Could've swore it was only 48.

It was 48.50, $23 then 25.5. Feel like you're just being sarcastic lol.
Yeah I was, I just trips me out when outsiders think they know Laker news then get it all wrong. It wasn't like he couldn't used his computer to find it.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.

Return to Wiretap Discussion