Vince Carter Wants To Re-Sign With Mavericks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Vince Carter Wants To Re-Sign With Mavericks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:35 pm

Vince Carter wants to remain with the Dallas Mavericks next season.

“I think I’ve earned the right to stick around,” Carter said.

Carter has been a good value for Dallas on his three-year, $9.3 million contract.

“My fingers are crossed,” he said. “Next year might be even better. We can attract some more people, more talent. Now I know my role, and I know the system, it’s second nature to me now. I know the city very well. I’m stepping out, going to SMU games and getting out and about. I’m very comfortable here.

“I like the guys. I like the nucleus we have here. With my role and the way I play and the way I go about things, it really helps guys here. And they like that. Hopefully, that’s enough so that they can still have trust in me enough to play significant minutes and help the other guys out.”

Via Eddie Sefko/Dallas Morning News

Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Re: Vince Carter Wants To Re-Sign With Mavericks 

Post#2 » by Donnyxc » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:42 pm

Vinsanity has always been one of my favorite NBA players. Get this man a new contract.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#3 » by RaptorRed » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:34 pm

Come back to Toronto next year and replace Salmons off the bench. We are ready to forgive you.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
orlandojnf
Junior
And1: 71

Post#4 » by orlandojnf » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 pm

He wants to resign, but his knees do not.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#5 » by King4Day » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:11 pm

Surprised he's not ring chasing. Good for him.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#6 » by pkiskool » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Vince, do the right thing.
This is the first time in 10 years where you returning to us in Toronto seems VERY legit in many terms.
You've written a heck of a book for your life and what better way to close it then coming back to where it all began.
Like the poster below said, we are ready for you finally.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#7 » by IMAN5 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:53 pm

think of the jersey and merch sales if you come back to Toronto. You could live here after you retire and still be making money. You'd get your number retired.

You need to come back and fix the past, to cement your future after your basketball days are done.
instagram.com/510movement
Pukovnik
Senior
And1: 168

Post#8 » by Pukovnik » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:57 pm

His contract is very much cap friendly, they could probably give him another two year deal for 9 mil, that would be more then fair. He's been terrific this season as a sixth man.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,437

Post#9 » by shmeakone » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 pm

His longevity is underrated. Easily a HOFer.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#10 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:25 pm

IMAN5 wrote:think of the jersey and merch sales if you come back to Toronto. You could live here after you retire and still be making money. You'd get your number retired.

You need to come back and fix the past, to cement your future after your basketball days are done.

Toronto is over him, what happened...happened. Rather have Ross take those minutes and develop than a make-up session with VC. Life goes on, no need to re-kindle lost romances. Was never a fan of his, and actually started cheering for the Raps once he actually left...but can't deny his mark on the league and new players coming in.

Hopefully he can put it a couple more serviceable years for a contending/playoff team.
RaptorRed
Rookie

Post#11 » by RaptorRed » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:14 pm

IMAN5 wrote:think of the jersey and merch sales if you come back to Toronto. You could live here after you retire and still be making money. You'd get your number retired.

He needs to apologize first though.
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
dkjjr
Junior
And1: 17

Post#12 » by dkjjr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:55 pm

RaptorRed wrote:

Apologize for what?
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,835

Post#13 » by nikster » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:01 pm

Rated T By CBRA wrote:

Toronto is over him, what happened...happened. Rather have Ross take those minutes and develop than a make-up session with VC. Life goes on, no need to re-kindle lost romances. Was never a fan of his, and actually started cheering for the Raps once he actually left...but can't deny his mark on the league and new players coming in.

Hopefully he can put it a couple more serviceable years for a contending/playoff team.

if VC comes back he wouldnt be taking Ross' minutes. Hed be taking the role of Salmons/Fields off the bench
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#14 » by Temuhjan » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:00 am

Rated T By CBRA wrote:

Defying most expectations myself included, Vinsanity has aged gracefully and find his groove in Dallas. Looks like that's where he is gonna retire. He's probably will be getting a 2-year contract for 3.5m per from Mark Cuban this summer.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#15 » by Sn0wman » Tue Apr 1, 2014 12:47 am

He's only saying this to raise his value
samjones
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#16 » by samjones » Tue Apr 1, 2014 3:56 am

Lol he's not going back to Toronto.

Tracy McGrady ain't going back.

Alonzo Mourning ain't going back.
RaptorRed
Rookie

Post#17 » by RaptorRed » Tue Apr 1, 2014 4:17 am

dkjjr wrote:
RaptorRed wrote:

Apologize for what?

TO the fans , for acting like a spoiled brat, and crying his way out of town. It wasn't all his fault ,it was more managements fault than his , but there are many things he should have done differently ... like give it 100% everytime you step on the court. Carter has done alot for the Raptors , but I feel he owes an apology to the fans for the way he left before he can come back.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#18 » by Knicks Universe » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:01 am

Raptors fans. Nobody wants to play on a team based on a childhood kid star named Barney. Get it through your head. VC has moved on to bigger and better things and has actually aged well and has a good role with Dallas. Mark Cuban will make sure he is back.
ybnd
Senior
And1: 20

Post#19 » by ybnd » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:33 am

RaptorRed wrote:
dkjjr wrote:
RaptorRed wrote:

Apologize for what?

TO the fans , for acting like a spoiled brat, and crying his way out of town. It wasn't all his fault ,it was more managements fault than his , but there are many things he should have done differently ... like give it 100% everytime you step on the court. Carter has done alot for the Raptors , but I feel he owes an apology to the fans for the way he left before he can come back.

You should be thanking VC for sticking around as long as he did in cold ass Toronto with zero help and with all you gotdamn half french half english speaking whine babies...Wah Wah Wah!! You guys cried as much if not more then VC did....he wanted out hes gone you all were glad...now you want him back but also an apology.....You Canadians are something else....
mvplayur
Junior
And1: 86

Post#20 » by mvplayur » Tue Apr 1, 2014 5:49 am

ybnd wrote:
RaptorRed wrote:
dkjjr wrote:
Apologize for what?

You should be thanking VC for sticking around as long as he did in cold ass Toronto with zero help and with all you gotdamn half french half english speaking whine babies...Wah Wah Wah!! You guys cried as much if not more then VC did....he wanted out hes gone you all were glad...now you want him back but also an apology.....You Canadians are something else....

Half-french? It's an official language, but other than Quebec, nobody actually speaks French on a daily/regular basis. Nobody was cheering to trade Carter. If anyone was pleased about leaving, it was just relief that all the drama would finally end.

And Toronto pretty much has the same weather as New York
ybnd wrote:The fact is when they lose game 7 in the FIRST ROUND remember me fool...Klay Thompson does not play defense...and all the warriors do is run it up on **** teams....1st round exit

Return to Wiretap Discussion