Lawrence Frank Still Filing Daily Reports For Nets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lawrence Frank Still Filing Daily Reports For Nets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:03 am

Lawrence Frank was reassigned from his role as assistant coach of the Brooklyn Nets early in the season and he continues to file daily scouting reports.

"In order for [Jason Kidd] to be successful, I had to make a decision, so I said, 'Let's reassign him,' " King said during an interview with NBA TV. "He does his report -- I got it this morning -- and he's helping from afar. But I believe in Jason and so to give him the ability to be successful, we had to make that decision."

The Nets bottomed out at 10-21, but they turned around their season with small, unconventional lineups.

"[Kidd] believed in himself," King said. "And that was the biggest thing. When he walked into a room, there was confidence. When he talked to the players, there was confidence," King said. "He went at KG [Kevin Garnett]. KG went back at him. He went at Paul [Pierce]. So he wasn't afraid to challenge guys, and that, to me, showed that he was going to be a good coach.

"You've got a Hall of Famer in KG and Paul -- 19 years and 16 years in the league -- and you challenge them in front of the rest of the team, they all believe, 'Okay, this guy's real.' "

Via A.J. Perez/Star-Ledger

Brovva Blaqq
Banned User
And1: 67

Re: Lawrence Frank Still Filing Daily Reports For Nets 

Post#2 » by Brovva Blaqq » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:17 am

Definitely nice to see a brotha succeed at the highest level. Kidd is for real
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#3 » by ElectricMayhem » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:23 pm

It's such an amusing thing to imagine. I bet King is requesting him to send scouting reports of the Harlem Globetrotters, old And1 Mixtape players, and Michael J. Fox's team from TeenWolf just to screw with him.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#4 » by CHAMPi0N » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Sure Kidd is looking good now, he had a team of veterans basically run themselves... Yeah, I said it lol.

Am I the only one who still feels Frank got shafted to the extreme? He's undoubtedly one of the best assistant coaches in the NBA right now.
Knicks Universe
Banned User
And1: 403

Post#5 » by Knicks Universe » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:38 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Sure Kidd is looking good now, he had a team of veterans basically run themselves... Yeah, I said it lol.

Am I the only one who still feels Frank got shafted to the extreme? He's undoubtedly one of the best assistant coaches in the NBA right now.

Amen. Completely agree. Frank is collecting a nice paycheck right now but he's too smart to be stuck in this "reports" job.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#6 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Go get me some lunch while you at it ahaha!!! Oh Lawrence Frank, I feel so bad for you =D LOL!
mjw9191
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#7 » by mjw9191 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:42 pm

Jason Kidd is a p.o.s.? He's a wife-beating, misogynistic ahole who likes to get smashed and then get behind the wheel of a car. Great basketball player, but sorry, he's always and forever near the top of my losers list.
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#8 » by Risk101 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:13 pm

mjw9191 wrote:Jason Kidd is a p.o.s.? He's a wife-beating, misogynistic ahole who likes to get smashed and then get behind the wheel of a car. Great basketball player, but sorry, he's always and forever near the top of my losers list.

Did he not sign your autograph or something? Your acting like you know the man, he's a loser because he allegedly hit his wife? I don't condone drinking and driving but everybody makes a mistake, I wonder if your life was blown up, how much of an a hole you would look like, because your sounding like a big one right now.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#9 » by RaptorRed » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Risk101 wrote:
mjw9191 wrote:Jason Kidd is a p.o.s.? He's a wife-beating, misogynistic ahole who likes to get smashed and then get behind the wheel of a car. Great basketball player, but sorry, he's always and forever near the top of my losers list.

Did he not sign your autograph or something? Your acting like you know the man, he's a loser because he allegedly hit his wife? I don't condone drinking and driving but everybody makes a mistake, I wonder if your life was blown up, how much of an a hole you would look like, because your sounding like a big one right now.

Allegedly hit his wife ? He plead guilty to a domestic abuse charge it is a fact not a rumor like you make it seem..

Don't know why you're defeding the guy , he is an a*sshole , he still is one now as a coach and will always be one. Do you also think KG is a nice guy ?
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."

Return to Wiretap Discussion