Thunder Agree To One-Year Deal With Sebastian Telfair

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Thunder Agree To One-Year Deal With Sebastian Telfair 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 3, 2014 4:54 pm

Sebastian Telfair has returned to the NBA, agreeing to a one-year, $1.3 million deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Telfair played last season in China and is already 29.

Telfair was the No. 13 overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft straight out of high school.

Via Chris Haynes/Comcast

Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Re: Thunder Agree To One-Year Deal With Sebastian Telfair 

Post#2 » by Valid » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:14 pm

Typical OKC signing. And then people will continue to blame Scott Brooks when the Thunder aren't able to get over the hump again.
PZiv
Veteran
And1: 828

Post#3 » by PZiv » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:17 pm

Valid wrote:Typical OKC signing. And then people will continue to blame Scott Brooks when the Thunder aren't able to get over the hump again.

Telfair isnt a bad player that much, I am more concerned with constant resigning of Derek Fisher and guys like that in OKC. Those were really terrible and detrimental signings.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#4 » by Valid » Thu Jul 3, 2014 5:18 pm

PZiv wrote:
Valid wrote:Typical OKC signing. And then people will continue to blame Scott Brooks when the Thunder aren't able to get over the hump again.

Telfair isnt a bad player that much, I am more concerned with constant resigning of Derek Fisher and guys like that in OKC. Those were really terrible and detrimental signings.

Telfair wasn't even in the NBA last year. He is horrendous. At least Fisher shot the three-ball well.

It's still early in the offseason, but if this is indicative of the kinds of moves the Thunder are going to make, they are going to get steamrolled by San Antonio again.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#5 » by 2thehoopand1 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:20 pm

:D
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#6 » by bisme37 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:37 pm

This is the strangest signing of the offseason so far, imo. Telfair doesn't seem to fit with the Thunder's culture at all, and he isn't a good basketball player. Just weird.
TheBallDoLie
Junior
And1: 21

Post#7 » by TheBallDoLie » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:39 pm

Does anyone remember when this guy and LeBron were on the cover of Slam magazine in high school.. Boy did their careers go in different directions. But anyway, did this guy improve his efficiency in China? Cause if not, he will back there next year.
bockingknickers
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#8 » by bockingknickers » Thu Jul 3, 2014 6:57 pm

TheBallDoLie wrote:Does anyone remember when this guy and LeBron were on the cover of Slam magazine in high school.. Boy did their careers go in different directions. But anyway, did this guy improve his efficiency in China? Cause if not, he will back there next year.

I remember that cover, kid was killing it at lincoln high in Coney Island
malgus
Rookie
And1: 116

Post#9 » by malgus » Thu Jul 3, 2014 7:08 pm

He was probably the 2nd best backup point guard the Suns had for Steve Nash (lord knows they went through quite a few in their search) and he brought a lot of stability and toughness to the backup PG spot. He could hit shots. Not like on fire or anything but you don't cringe when he fires one up at all.
Scutt
Senior
And1: 552

Post#10 » by Scutt » Thu Jul 3, 2014 7:36 pm

Good for him, I was pleasantly surprised by his play for the Suns a few years ago. He is a solid back up point guard that brings intensity ever game.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#11 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 3, 2014 8:01 pm

What teams hasn't he played for at this point?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#12 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 3, 2014 8:04 pm

bisme37 wrote:This is the strangest signing of the offseason so far, imo. Telfair doesn't seem to fit with the Thunder's culture at all, and he isn't a good basketball player. Just weird.

Not quite sure what you mean by him not fitting in with their culture, he's not the same arrogant kid from Brooklyn when he came into the league. He's matured a lot as a journeyman. He kinda didn't have a choice if he wanted to keep playing. He's an adequate backup point guard. Doesn't do anything particularly well but won't kill you.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#13 » by miltk » Thu Jul 3, 2014 9:48 pm

lincoln high > marbury /telfair / stephenson
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#14 » by bisme37 » Thu Jul 3, 2014 10:17 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
bisme37 wrote:This is the strangest signing of the offseason so far, imo. Telfair doesn't seem to fit with the Thunder's culture at all, and he isn't a good basketball player. Just weird.

Not quite sure what you mean by him not fitting in with their culture, he's not the same arrogant kid from Brooklyn when he came into the league. He's matured a lot as a journeyman. He kinda didn't have a choice if he wanted to keep playing. He's an adequate backup point guard. Doesn't do anything particularly well but won't kill you.

I guess I still don't see him as a hard worker or team player. The Thunder really need more ball-handling and play making, but I think they could have set their sights a little higher. But point taken. Obviously haven't seen Telfair in a while, and chances are he's matured a bit with age. I still think it's an odd fit, but I wouldn't be upset at all if he proves me wrong.
three3d
Junior
And1: 54

Post#15 » by three3d » Thu Jul 3, 2014 11:33 pm

Jameer Nelson > Telfair
BestBackcourt
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by BestBackcourt » Fri Jul 4, 2014 1:53 pm

Not even a good back-up to the back-up PG anymore...
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#17 » by teebonze » Sun Jul 6, 2014 3:04 am

IMO he is one of the biggest draft busts of all time & it still boggles my mind that this guy have never once been featured on any of the all time NBA draft bust lists.
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?

Return to Wiretap Discussion