Erick Green To Sign With Nuggets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Erick Green To Sign With Nuggets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 am

Erick Green will sign with the Denver Nuggets.

Green was the Nuggets' second round pick last year and will join the team for training camp next season.

The Nuggets have a need for a third point guard and Green fits that role. With Green, Denver will have 14 guaranteed contracts.

Green averaged 16.6 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game during the Nuggets' summer league.

"I kept hearing 'He's only a scorer, he wasn't a point guard,'" Green said of his experience a year ago. "In my head I was saying I'm going to go out here and show everybody I can facilitate, I'm not just a scorer. Honestly, that hurt me more than anything. Instead of just being myself. If you don't like me for who I am, and I'm a scoring point guard, then maybe I don't belong. But there's a lot of scoring point guards (in the NBA). I think I can be one as well."

Via Chris Dempsey/Denver Post

donaldduck
Junior
And1: 47

Re: Erick Green To Sign With Nuggets 

Post#2 » by donaldduck » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:51 am

I like the move.

Denver should trade Faried or Hickson and bring over Joffrey Lauvergne. Hickson isn't but a back up and Lauvergne is worth the development.
StunnaStan
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Re: Erick Green To Sign With Nuggets 

Post#3 » by StunnaStan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

donaldduck wrote:I like the move.

Denver should trade Faried or Hickson and bring over Joffrey Lauvergne. Hickson isn't but a back up and Lauvergne is worth the development.

i agree Lauvergne is worth the development but denver is trying to win a nba championship now and Lauvergne isnt ready to help contribute towards that goal more than hickson and definently not more than faried. after this season plays out, denver will have a better idea of what there working with and how to proeed moving foward. wheather thats bringing in Lauvegne and some other young guys or re-tooling with a hickson/wilson trade, all denver needs to do now is focus on getting healthy for the season ahead. Lauvergne needs to improve is strength and size and i think the rest will fall in place for him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion