Derrick Rose Sits With 'Body Fatigue'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Derrick Rose has been sidelined from Team USA with ‘‘general body fatigue’’ since a victory over Brazil at the United Center on Saturday night.

Rose, who has had season-ending surgeries on both knees since the 2012 NBA playoffs, sat out both practices in New York but participated in the shootaround Wednesday morning and, according to one source, ‘‘moved very well.’’

According to a Chicago Bulls' source, Rose has been having ‘‘some aches in both knees, as well as his body, over the last 72 hours, but nothing unexpected or even out of the ordinary.’’ 

Via Joe Cowley/Chicago Sun-

Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Re: Derrick Rose Sits With 'Body Fatigue' 

Post#2 » by Rated T By CBRA » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm

As long as it stays "soreness" - hope this dude can make it back healthy for the entire upcoming season(s). It would be great to watch some of the Eastern match-ups again...particularly how the Bulls would fare up against LeBron and co.
Slan
Junior
And1: 806

Post#3 » by Slan » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

2 seasons of rest not enough??
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#4 » by Ring_Me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Slan wrote:2 seasons of rest not enough??

2 seasons of joking about Derrick's condition not enough?
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
CHAMPi0N
Bench Warmer
And1: 86

Post#5 » by CHAMPi0N » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:33 pm

Well this is better than reading about Rose overdoing it again. I can live with this. I want to see Rose in the NBA this year lol.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#6 » by Winsome Gerbil » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Might be a good candidate for the "no back to backs treatment this year. Treat him like he's 40 and maybe he'll last.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#7 » by Chris3323 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Seeing his game, he is still playing with that crazy style of play. I was hoping he wouldve developed more of a Westbrook type midrange pull up game to give his knees a rest.

But No worries, he will just bank another 20 Million if he is hurt again this year.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#8 » by Chris3323 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 pm

CHAMPi0N wrote:Well this is better than reading about Rose overdoing it again. I can live with this. I want to see Rose in the NBA this year lol.

Lets be honest, it is pretty much the BULLS who are going to really challenge Lebron.
If he isnt healthy, its a cake walk yet again for Lebron to the finals (since Lebron is never injured)
bullox
Banned User
And1: 522

Post#9 » by bullox » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Slan wrote:2 seasons of rest not enough??

He's building game stamina. You can't do that when you are rehabbing.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#10 » by 2thehoopand1 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Same story high potential guy just can't stay on the court. But I can't stand the "believers" saying they he will be back better than ever. This has to be the cut off point. Rose is never going to be a top 25 player in the league anymore. Their are plenty of leagues around the world where he can play 20-25 games a season and dominate in. He doesn't have the durability for a 82 game season and playoffs. Sadly durability is underrated in NBA.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#11 » by olive_triangurl » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:14 pm

do your rehab somewhere else......
stl705
Senior
And1: 152

Post#12 » by stl705 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:44 pm

No big deal, but good news imo as it means Rose and Thibs recognize when Rose needs a few days rest. After sitting out so much I would think its pretty normal to get fatigued, especially early on in the "comeback". I suspect this will be a similar strategy in the regular season giving Derrick a day off or two here and there.

Rose will be in the starting lineup when it counts for team USA. Coach K is letting Thibs and Derrick call the shots in terms of practicing/playing time.
taco_daddy
Senior
And1: 386

Post#13 » by taco_daddy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

UNLEASH THE HATERS!!!!

lol

:lol:
After Rose broke both his knees, I gave up on the hope that we'd make it to the NBA Finals again. It will probably be decades before we see another championship. Hello Treadmill, here we come.

It's the shoes!
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#14 » by Valid » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 pm

Chris3323 wrote:
CHAMPi0N wrote:Well this is better than reading about Rose overdoing it again. I can live with this. I want to see Rose in the NBA this year lol.

Lets be honest, it is pretty much the BULLS who are going to really challenge Lebron.
If he isnt healthy, its a cake walk yet again for Lebron to the finals (since Lebron is never injured)

The Wizards represent a bigger challenge for Cleveland than Chicago.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#15 » by luss54321 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 pm

2thehoopand1 wrote:Same story high potential guy just can't stay on the court. But I can't stand the "believers" saying they he will be back better than ever. This has to be the cut off point. Rose is never going to be a top 25 player in the league anymore. Their are plenty of leagues around the world where he can play 20-25 games a season and dominate in. He doesn't have the durability for a 82 game season and playoffs. Sadly durability is underrated in NBA.

Those "believers" include Kevin Durant, James Hardem, Coach K, and basically everyone affiliated with USA basketball.

Derrick Rose could roll out of bed and be a top 25 player.

The question is how many MVPs/rings he will win in the next 10 years.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#16 » by luss54321 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:00 am

Valid wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The Bulls added Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott to a team that won more games than Washington last year...

Who did the Wizards add? Remind me again?
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#17 » by random_hero891 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:45 am

luss54321 wrote:
Valid wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The Bulls added Rose, Gasol, Mirotic, and McDermott to a team that won more games than Washington last year...

Who did the Wizards add? Remind me again?

Wizards added experience, in my opinion Wizard experience > the ghost of Rose, an aging Big and 2 rooks... but yeah the Bulls are going to be really good :noway:
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Post#18 » by 2thehoopand1 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 am

luss54321 wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:Same story high potential guy just can't stay on the court. But I can't stand the "believers" saying they he will be back better than ever. This has to be the cut off point. Rose is never going to be a top 25 player in the league anymore. Their are plenty of leagues around the world where he can play 20-25 games a season and dominate in. He doesn't have the durability for a 82 game season and playoffs. Sadly durability is underrated in NBA.

Those "believers" include Kevin Durant, James Hardem, Coach K, and basically everyone affiliated with USA basketball.

Derrick Rose could roll out of bed and be a top 25 player.

The question is how many MVPs/rings he will win in the next 10 years.

10 years ? He has to play 10 mins in a competitive basketball game first. Everyone who watches basketball and plays can collectively " believe" in rose that doesn't mean he's coming back better than ever. He's off my radar until he can put together at least two NBA regular season month's. Like some else in this thread elegantly put it "do your rehabbing somewhere else".
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
Gannet
Junior
And1: 20

Post#19 » by Gannet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:19 am

luss54321 wrote:Those "believers" include Kevin Durant, James Hardem, Coach K, and basically everyone affiliated with USA basketball.

The standard etiquette these days is for coaches and players to praise the absolute crap out of other players. It comes off as "classy" and the commish approves. I take those comments as seriously as Microsoft marketing the new surface.

You think anyone besides a few beat writers that aren't afraid to have their sources dry up on them would write something like "looks good in extremely limited minutes, but the potential for flaming out during the regular season grind is still there?" USAB practice is like YMCA pickup ball for these guys compared to the regular season, let alone the playoffs.
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#20 » by Ring_Me » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:21 am

Valid wrote:
Chris3323 wrote:

Last year maybe. We're talking about this year. You can be a fool if you want to but this season has changed from last year obviously. You can't bring up the past when things change in the future. Logic and common knowledge.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars

Return to Wiretap Discussion