Source: Thunder Don't Make Decisions Based On Whether Durant, Westbrook Will Approve

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Source: Thunder Don't Make Decisions Based On Whether Durant, Westbrook Will Approve 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:16 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder aggressively remade their supporting cast via trades this season, acquiring Dion Waiters, Enes Kanter, D.J. Augustin, Kyle Singler and Steve Novak.

Kevin Durant will be a free agent in 2016 and Russell Westbrook follows one year later, but the Thunder front office doesn't operate "like, geez, are these guys gonna leave? Are these guys gonna be happy?," a league source said.

Kendrick Perkins was a beloved teammate the Thunder parted ways with at the deadline.

Via David Aldridge/NBA.com

Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Re: Source: Thunder Don't Make Decisions Based On Whether Durant, Westbrook Will Approve 

Post#2 » by Mobby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:03 pm

I really wish I could see what these media questions are that spur on these answers.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Re: Source: Thunder Don't Make Decisions Based On Whether Durant, Westbrook Will Approve 

Post#3 » by 12footrim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Obviously. They would have never said trade future MVP Harden away for Steven Adams and Jeremy Lamb.

If they don't include them in decision making, they deserve for them to leave and I won't feel bad for them.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#4 » by Rated T By CBRA » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Not many players have the same LeBron player-GM-coach role privilege.
jizzme
Junior
And1: 23

Post#5 » by jizzme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:11 am

its not like every player is that critical to winning...until they win somethng they should stfu
knicks universe = MECCAMSG
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#6 » by MRxBLACK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:46 am

Russ and KD are gone after those contracts are up.
ESPN Sucks
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#7 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:57 pm

The Thunder draft really well so I'm not worried about them if they leave. Plenty of teams strike out in the draft. The Thunder always seem to recognize the better players at their draft spot. And if those two leave, they'll get right back at the top of the draft and do more of the same, which is draft well in their spot.
your boy
Banned User
And1: 73

Post#8 » by your boy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:The Thunder draft really well so I'm not worried about them if they leave. Plenty of teams strike out in the draft. The Thunder always seem to recognize the better players at their draft spot. And if those two leave, they'll get right back at the top of the draft and do more of the same, which is draft well in their spot.

You won't be worried if two of the best players in the NBA leave OKC?
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#9 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:56 pm

your boy wrote:
Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:The Thunder draft really well so I'm not worried about them if they leave. Plenty of teams strike out in the draft. The Thunder always seem to recognize the better players at their draft spot. And if those two leave, they'll get right back at the top of the draft and do more of the same, which is draft well in their spot.

You won't be worried if two of the best players in the NBA leave OKC?

Absolutely it would be devistating to the franchise no question about it, But. There are many teams that dont know how to evaluate talent and just end up going with the popular name in the draft thinking they've done the right thing and it doesn't pan out. And a better player goes later in the draft. Those teams that dont know how to correctly evaluate talent are always in the basement. The thunder are a team that I feel knows how to scout and knows the real gems in the draft. There's very few of them. Theyr'e draft history is amazing. Yes they had high picks but as you get higher in the draft, the pressure to pick a real top fllight player is immense and there's virtually no room to fail and be let off the hook if someone is picked at 7, like a Stephan Curry and he goes on to be the best player in the draft. That has to hurt the other 6 teams in the gut. I'm starting to ramble but I made my point.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,763

Post#10 » by KamikazeK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Kevin Durant will be going to the Celtics.
your boy
Banned User

Post#11 » by your boy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm

KamikazeK wrote:Kevin Durant will be going to the Celtics.

Won't even consider going there
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,763

Post#12 » by KamikazeK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 am

your boy wrote:

Nah, he'll be here.
your boy
Banned User

Post#13 » by your boy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:53 pm

KamikazeK wrote:
your boy wrote:

Nah, he'll be here.

Won't even cross his mind

Return to Wiretap Discussion