Ranadive Compares Owning NBA Team To Buying 'Piece Of Art'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ranadive Compares Owning NBA Team To Buying 'Piece Of Art' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Vivek Ranadive testified in court on Tuesday during the sixth day of a trial challenging the half-billion arena deal Ranadive and his co-investors struck with the city of Sacramento in 2014 to build a downtown arena.

"It was really an emotional decision," he said. "If I had actually done it based on the numbers, I would not have done it. I knew I would have to write large checks for a long period of time."

Ranadive was approached by David Stern about buying the Sacramento Kings to keep them from being sold to a group from Seattle.

"To this day, I couldn't tell you want that value is," he said. "It is just dirt right now; it is air. There is nothing there. I simply don't know."

Under questioning from the plaintiffs’ attorneys Tuesday morning, Ranadive likened the purchase of the team to buying a "piece of art," saying that there are only 30 teams in existence.

Via Tony Bizjak/Sacramento Bee

DrClutch
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Ranadive Compares Owning NBA Team To Buying 'Piece Of Art' 

Post#2 » by DrClutch » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Yup the Spurs got the Michelangelo and he got the Picaso lol
mhsiao
Rookie
And1: 206

Re: Ranadive Compares Owning NBA Team To Buying 'Piece Of Art' 

Post#3 » by mhsiao » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:09 pm

DrClutch wrote:Yup the Spurs got the Michelangelo and he got the Picaso lol

Picaso has it's value as well.

It is more like he found the art is damaged, however instead hire professional artist to repair/touch up the art he decide to do it himself and end up mess up the art work.

Return to Wiretap Discussion