Dario Saric Expects To Join 76ers For 16-17 Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Dario Saric conducted an interview in Croatia about his future in the NBA, implying he expects to move to the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers ahead of the 16-17 season.

"Next summer I will, probably, finally go where I want, to the biggest basketball league in the world, NBA. Imperative is to spend another year in Efes, and then is (time for) America. We have tried to do something this year, but since Efes demended for me to stay as an important player, I was forced to stay. Finally, I see the point in staying "

Via Liberty Ballers

caronimo
Rookie
And1: 53

Re: Dario Saric Expects To Join 76ers For 16-17 Season 

Post#2 » by caronimo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:05 pm

front court of saric, noel and okafor looks good on paper.
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#3 » by CrookedJ » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Wow that sucks. They were probably hoping he would never come over, lest they actually get any better.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#4 » by Phila Tough » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 pm

CrookedJ wrote:Wow that sucks. They were probably hoping he would never come over, lest they actually get any better.

Played out joke. cornball
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#5 » by DJ3thenew23 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:46 pm

caronimo wrote:front court of saric, noel and okafor looks good on paper.

And darkhorse Embiid
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
RayFitz
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#6 » by RayFitz » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:52 pm

No he won't. His dad doesn't want him in Philly. Plus, if he waits until 17-18, he can dodge the rookie scale and take part in the increased cap. Some team will fall in love and offer him $10m per year and Philly will trade his rights for a draft pick. It's not worth it for him to pay his buyout and come over to play on a terrible team for half the salary he'd get if he waits another year.

Don't hold your breath, Philly.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#7 » by Phila Tough » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:53 pm

RayFitz wrote:No he won't. His dad doesn't want him in Philly. Plus, if he waits until 17-18, he can dodge the rookie scale and take part in the increased cap. Some team will fall in love and offer him $10m per year and Philly will trade his rights for a draft pick. It's not worth it for him to pay his buyout and come over to play on a terrible team for half the salary he'd get if he waits another year.

The last part of your post speaks volumes about the agenda in your post. The 'terrible team' thing doesn't even fly anymore. We were never once the worst team in the league during our years of tanking. Your first post however was to bash the 76ers, you're going to fit into the general board here very well.
RayFitz
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#8 » by RayFitz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 am

Phila Tough wrote:
RayFitz wrote:No he won't. His dad doesn't want him in Philly. Plus, if he waits until 17-18, he can dodge the rookie scale and take part in the increased cap. Some team will fall in love and offer him $10m per year and Philly will trade his rights for a draft pick. It's not worth it for him to pay his buyout and come over to play on a terrible team for half the salary he'd get if he waits another year.

The last part of your post speaks volumes about the agenda in your post. The 'terrible team' thing doesn't even fly anymore. We were never once the worst team in the league during our years of tanking. Your first post however was to bash the 76ers, you're going to fit into the general board here very well.

You sound like you may be a tad sensitive. I never bashed the Sixers or had an agenda. I could care less about Saric or Philly. I gain nor lose nothing by him coming over, so having an "agenda" against either is a waste of time and energy.

What would you call a "terrible" team? Does 18 wins in 82 games not constitute a problem? How about 68 wins in their last 246 games? Terrible doesn't necessarily mean the worst. There can be more than one terrible team. There were three or four just in the east this year.

The fact is, Philly isn't going to be a championship contender in the next 3-4 years. Saric is making good money for an overseas contender. He'd have to pay out of pocket to buy out his contract to come make slightly more money on a non-contending team. Plus, he'd go against the wishes of his father, who reportedly is very important to him.

Or.... He could keep the money and not pay the buyout, wait a year, and skip the rookie scale. He'd then be free to sign for whatever he wants (which after a potential lockout and a huge cap increase could potentially balloon to eight figures. I doubt that Philly will be willing to give him that much in that stage of their rebuilding, so he'd likely end up elsewhere. Potentially a contender.

If you consider that "bashing" the Sixers, then I'm sorry to offend you. You probably should grow some thicker skin though. Your team has a few more years of sub-30 win seasons ahead of them. The "bashing" will only get worse by others.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#9 » by nba2k16 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:33 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:

And broken horse Embiid

Fixed.
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#10 » by nba2k16 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:35 pm

Phila Tough wrote:

He has somewhat of a point. Its not the norm, but Saric might be the trailblazer for draft and stash players doing this, especially with the rising cap

It's in his best interest to do this, both to maximize his earnings (earn more than DOUBLE his rookie scale contract), and play for a team with some opportunity to win and/or a starting job if he chooses this. Philly could be losing still at this point AND not have room for him to start with Noel, Embiid and Okafor.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by DJ3thenew23 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:01 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:

And broken horse Embiid

Fixed.

Fair play

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#12 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:22 am

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
And broken horse Embiid

Fixed.

Fair play

In all seriousness though imagine an all healthy Noel, Okafor, Saric, Embiid front court. :cry:
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by DJ3thenew23 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Fixed.

Fair play

In all seriousness though imagine an all healthy Noel, Okafor, Saric, Embiid front court. :cry:

It'd be heaven for Sixers fans and hell for everyone else.

nba2k16
Banned User

Post#14 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:40 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
Fair play

You could also argue it could be hell for Hinkie (in a good way I guess). You have to trade at least one if not two of them to try add wing pieces. But how do you pick between them, knowing there is a risk you trade the wrong guy and he blows up on another team!
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect

Post#15 » by DJ3thenew23 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:40 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

You could also argue it could be hell for Hinkie (in a good way I guess). You have to trade at least one if not two of them to try add wing pieces. But how do you pick between them, knowing there is a risk you trade the wrong guy and he blows up on another team!

I think he would let them play a few seasons, see which one is the weakest link (probably between Embiid and Okafor since they play the same position) and trade them with an extension to maximize their value.

nba2k16
Banned User

Post#16 » by nba2k16 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 pm

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:

I think he would let them play a few seasons, see which one is the weakest link (probably between Embiid and Okafor since they play the same position) and trade them with an extension to maximize their value.

True. And I think a healthy Embiid stays over a healthy Okafor
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#17 » by CoreyGallagher » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:09 pm

He wouldn't have to pay his own way over as there is a specified buy out clause in his contract for 2016-17 season, that would have only been the case this season since there was not.

If he were to stay then the TV deal/increased cap doesn't affect anything, Sixers aren't bidding against other NBA teams, they're bidding against Euro teams of which the TV deal does not affect. Also, just because he waits out his rookie contract doesn't mean he's suddenly on the open market either, that's not how that works.

Mirotic commanded $5m this past season, Saric will likely command a similar contract with the difference being that the Sixers will have that new cap money from the TV deal that you mentioned. Increased cap is actually beneficial to the Sixers in that regard...
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
BNelley24
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#18 » by BNelley24 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 pm

CrookedJ wrote:Wow that sucks. They were probably hoping he would never come over, lest they actually get any better.

Once again, another ignorant person who doesn't understand that Hinkie took over a team with a core of Jrue Holiday - Evan Turner- Spencer Hawes, missing draft picks and turned it into Nerlens Noel - Jahlil Okafor - Dario Saric - Nik Stauskas- 200 1st round picks - 200 2nd round picks- Joel Embiid - and an abundance of cap space in only 2.5 years. **** off already.

Return to Wiretap Discussion