Kyrie Irving Could Be Out Until January

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Re: Kyrie Irving Could Be Out Until January 

Post#21 » by olive_triangurl » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Wade is a more clutch playoff performer than anyone on the Cavs/Bulls, so I wouldn't be surprised if Miami makes it to the Finals.
Bosh is also extremely clutch.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#22 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:09 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
balla345 wrote:how are the bulls better than the heat

PG Derrick , Kirk , and Brooks > Dragic , chalmers , TJ -but only if rose is healthy
SG Butler, Snell, Moore = Wade, Green , Richardson -If wade played 82 I will give the edge to heat, but we all know that's not happening
SF Mike dunleavy , McDermott < Deng , winslow , Ennis
PF Paul G , Gibson , Mirotic < Bosh , Macroberts , Haslem -Bosh would own Paul
C Noah , Bairstow << Whiteside , Stoudmire , Anderson - not even close

edge to
PG BULLS
SG EVEN
SF HEAT
PF HEAT
C HEAT

PF Bulls def have the advantage. They have Pau who had a career year last year, Gibson who could start on some teams, and Mirotic who has talent. C is eh, I'm still not sold on Whiteside, Amare you never what you'll get, and Birdman is good but not anything special.

PG Bulls
SG Even
SF Heat
PF Bulls
C Heat/Even (We'll see which way it goes later in the season)

If the new Bulls Coach move Mirotic to the 3 then I would say the Bulls has the advantage at SF. Wade isn't play 82 games, if he plays more than 65 games this season then maybe you can give the Heat the edge at SG but as for right now Bulls has the advantage yet again.

I agree with you on the SG part, if Wade plays more games and Gerald Green plays well then they would have the advantage, but right now the Bulls look better. For SF I don't think there is any way the Bulls would win. Deng was an all-star, if he's healthy he can get back to that point especially since he won't have to play so many minutes. Winslow is a lottery pick, which we all know is hit or miss, but he showed promise in the summer league (again, doesn't reflect the real NBA game, but it's something). And Ennis was good when they called on him last year. As much as I like McDermott, I have a hard time believing him and Dunleavy would be better than Miami's SF depth, even with Mirotic.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#23 » by MitchB3 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:27 am

DJ3thenew23 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
PF Bulls def have the advantage. They have Pau who had a career year last year, Gibson who could start on some teams, and Mirotic who has talent. C is eh, I'm still not sold on Whiteside, Amare you never what you'll get, and Birdman is good but not anything special.

PG Bulls
SG Even
SF Heat
PF Bulls
C Heat/Even (We'll see which way it goes later in the season)

If the new Bulls Coach move Mirotic to the 3 then I would say the Bulls has the advantage at SF. Wade isn't play 82 games, if he plays more than 65 games this season then maybe you can give the Heat the edge at SG but as for right now Bulls has the advantage yet again.

I agree with you on the SG part, if Wade plays more games and Gerald Green plays well then they would have the advantage, but right now the Bulls look better. For SF I don't think there is any way the Bulls would win. Deng was an all-star, if he's healthy he can get back to that point especially since he won't have to play so many minutes. Winslow is a lottery pick, which we all know is hit or miss, but he showed promise in the summer league (again, doesn't reflect the real NBA game, but it's something). And Ennis was good when they called on him last year. As much as I like McDermott, I have a hard time believing him and Dunleavy would be better than Miami's SF depth, even with Mirotic.

In all honesty I did forget that Deng was on the Heat, so yeah you are right, but at the same Deng would have to guard Butler, (I would love to see that Deng vs Butler since Deng was like a mentor too Butler) at the end of the day, I believe the Heat can get it done because they have the right coach, their players have more chemistry and not to mention Dunleavy never shows up when he's suppose too, so the Heat can actually be a probably for the Cavs.
DJ3thenew23
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#24 » by DJ3thenew23 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:06 am

MitchB3 wrote:
DJ3thenew23 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

In all honesty I did forget that Deng was on the Heat, so yeah you are right, but at the same Deng would have to guard Butler, (I would love to see that Deng vs Butler since Deng was like a mentor too Butler) at the end of the day, I believe the Heat can get it done because they have the right coach, their players have more chemistry and not to mention Dunleavy never shows up when he's suppose too, so the Heat can actually be a probably for the Cavs.

They could be a problem in the playoffs, sure. But they won't be the #1 seed.
zeebo wrote:Is winning championships really that important?

olive_triangurl wrote:If i had to meet LeBron i'd go straight to the hypnotist to get my conscious memory wiped afterward (sadly it'd still be in my subconscious memory, as everything is, even past lives).
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#25 » by olive_triangurl » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Whiteside is a better C than Mozgov.
Bosh is a better PF than Love.
Wade is a better SG than Smith.
Dragic is a better PG than Irving.
Miami may win more games than Cleveland.
2thehoopand1
Starter
And1: 775

Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving Could Be Out Until January 

Post#26 » by 2thehoopand1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:28 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:
jumpstart wrote:Damn, this guy is turning to into D Rose.

What a huge overstatement

For now it is. In a season or two it could be right on the money.
Eaglenugget wrote:We got Bosh!!!' Not Discounted!! Lmfao
2thehoopand1
Starter

Post#27 » by 2thehoopand1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Kevin_Love42 wrote:The Cavaliers still have Kevin Love who's capable of averaging 20 ppg, and 10 rpg. and Mo Williams is still a very good point guard. He scored 52 points last year.

Sure when love is the one and only option he's capable of 20 and 10.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#28 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 am

2thehoopand1 wrote:
Kevin_Love42 wrote:The Cavaliers still have Kevin Love who's capable of averaging 20 ppg, and 10 rpg. and Mo Williams is still a very good point guard. He scored 52 points last year.

Sure, when the third option on a championship contending team, with a new coach and in a new system he only averaged 16.37 pts and 9.75 reb... essentially scrub numbers. In comparison, the last year James was in Miami, Bosh averaged 16.22 pts and 6.61 reb.

I am more skeptical about the Mo Williams comment. He was a great addition to their bench but the Cav's really don't want him starting games until January. The 52 pt game was completely random.
JJpauve
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#29 » by JJpauve » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:

Sure, when the third option on a championship contending team, with a new coach and in a new system he only averaged 16.37 pts and 9.75 reb... essentially scrub numbers. In comparison, the last year James was in Miami, Bosh averaged 16.22 pts and 6.61 reb.

I am more skeptical about the Mo Williams comment. He was a great addition to their bench but the Cav's really don't want him starting games until January. The 52 pt game was completely random.

Mo Williams is a good backup in my opinion but giving value to a single game is ridiculous. Last time I checked finals teams play around 100 games/season. Mo is for quick creating offense of the bench for 12-14min + 4min together with the starting PG in a two PG system. Bosh's numbers were low but he is a defense first player and arguably a top 10 overall defensive PF/C in the game (combining rim protection with team defense and PnR. He could hang w/ most forwards while Kevin Love can't hang with most snails.

Also to everyone else arguing about the lineup going position by position, don't. If we did that Hawks last year would have been 5th or 6th in the east. You need to consider the skill of the coach and the fit of players in both offensive and defensive schemes.
2thehoopand1
Starter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving Could Be Out Until January 

Post#30 » by 2thehoopand1 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:16 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:

If irving really is out till January Love will "return to form" for the beginning of the season. I don't think they have it figured out offensively or defensively when they all 3 stars are on the court at the same time.
nba2k16
Banned User
And1: 212

Post#31 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 4:00 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:

16PPG and 10RBG are scrub numbers?!? WHAT? HAHAHA :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#32 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 8:54 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
2thehoopand1 wrote:Sure when love is the one and only option he's capable of 20 and 10.

Do I really need to explain sarcasm to you? You don't need to respond to my posts anymore. You are so concerned with trying to get a jab in that you don't take the time to try and understand what people are saying...
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#33 » by nba2k16 » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:04 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Sure, when the third option on a championship contending team, with a new coach and in a new system he only averaged 16.37 pts and 9.75 reb... essentially scrub numbers. In comparison, the last year James was in Miami, Bosh averaged 16.22 pts and 6.61 reb.

Do I really need to explain sarcasm to you? You don't need to respond to my posts anymore. You are so concerned with trying to get a jab in that you don't take the time to try and understand what people are saying...

Use green font next time that's what it's for
Pickled Prunes
General Manager

Post#34 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Sep 1, 2015 9:26 pm

nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:

Unbelievable!
nba2k16
Banned User

Post#35 » by nba2k16 » Wed Sep 2, 2015 3:10 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
nba2k16 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Do I really need to explain sarcasm to you? You don't need to respond to my posts anymore. You are so concerned with trying to get a jab in that you don't take the time to try and understand what people are saying...

Unbelievable!

Wrong use of the green font :noway:

Return to Wiretap Discussion