Re: Carmelo Believes Kristaps Porzingis Will Lead Knicks Long After His Retirement

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Carmelo Believes Kristaps Porzingis Will Lead Knicks Long After His Retirement 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:50 pm

Carmelo Anthony believes Kristaps Porzingis is the future leader of the New York Knicks.

Over 15 games this season, Porzingis is averaging 13.7 points, 9.1 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game.

“He’s going to lead this organization long after I’m retired,” Anthony said. “Hopefully we can hoist one or two [championship trophies] before that happens.”

Anthony said he and Porzingis are "building" their relationship.

“I'm here to help him and use my experience and help him get his feet wet, and he's doing a pretty good job,” Anthony said.

Via Sports Illustrated

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Carmelo Believes Kristaps Porzingis Will Lead Knicks Long After His Retirement 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:05 am

i don't believe in porz, but i certainly don't believe in melo.

however, definitely think of the hard work and always trying to be better mentality of porzingis versus anything melo has done/believes.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:02 am

Baby steps.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#4 » by arasu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:39 pm

br7knicks wrote:i don't believe in porz, but i certainly don't believe in melo.

however, definitely think of the hard work and always trying to be better mentality of porzingis versus anything melo has done/believes.

I can't see why anyone wouldn't believe in Porzingis' potential to lead the Knicks to eventual contender status after how well he has started the season. He barely turned 20 and is already averaging 14 and 9. His recent run over 4 games has produced some incredible stats: 19.5 PPG on .519 FG, .667 3PT, .900 FT, with 11.3 RPG and 2.8 BPG. How many players produce those kinds of numbers ever, let alone at age 20?
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#5 » by Hakimbrook46 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:20 pm

If only Melo could stop talking about championship. I mean when last did he even see the playoffs anyway! "Use my experience and help him get his feet wet"? Sounds to me like "help him prioritize money over winning or help him get his pockets full"? More like it.
br7knicks

Post#6 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:27 pm

arasu wrote:

I can't see why anyone wouldn't believe in Porzingis' potential to lead the Knicks to eventual contender status after how well he has started the season. He barely turned 20 and is already averaging 14 and 9. His recent run over 4 games has produced some incredible stats: 19.5 PPG on .519 FG, .667 3PT, .900 FT, with 11.3 RPG and 2.8 BPG. How many players produce those kinds of numbers ever, let alone at age 20?

After putting up with melo the last few years, the only numbers I care about are championships. You can care about individual stats all you want. I like wins.

Proz is making me change my mind tho. Just not getting my hopes up
RIP, magnumt '19

arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#7 » by arasu » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:47 pm

br7knicks wrote:
arasu wrote:

After putting up with melo the last few years, the only numbers I care about are championships. You can care about individual stats all you want. I like wins.

Yeah, I can't blame you there. In my opinion, the Knicks would have a better chance at reaching contender status if they manage to trade Melo for a high draft pick. Phil Jackson has already shown he can draft talent. When Porzingis reaches his prime, he'll need other talent in their prime, and that won't be Carmelo.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Re: Carmelo Believes Kristaps Porzingis Will Lead Knicks Long After His Retirement 

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 pm

Melo was overrated by Knicks fans coming into NY. Very good player, top 8-10 in the league but not on the level of Bron or Durant. He needed/needs a bunch good teammates to compete for a title. But when your 2nd best player is along the lines of JR smith or an oft injured Amare and your GM trades for players like Bargnani you're not getting enough support to compete with the NBA elite. Dolan didn't help matters by declaring some mediocre Knicks squads title contenders on the middle of everything.

Melo played as good or better in NY than he did in Denver so the Knicks got exactly what they should have expected if they didn't overrate him in the first place.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Porz will be great. Not many young players make a contribution as early is Kristaps. Give him 2-3 years and he'll be an All Star.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
br7knicks

Post#10 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:21 pm

arasu wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
arasu wrote:I can't see why anyone wouldn't believe in Porzingis' potential to lead the Knicks to eventual contender status after how well he has started the season. He barely turned 20 and is already averaging 14 and 9. His recent run over 4 games has produced some incredible stats: 19.5 PPG on .519 FG, .667 3PT, .900 FT, with 11.3 RPG and 2.8 BPG. How many players produce those kinds of numbers ever, let alone at age 20?

Yeah, I can't blame you there. In my opinion, the Knicks would have a better chance at reaching contender status if they manage to trade Melo for a high draft pick. Phil Jackson has already shown he can draft talent. When Porzingis reaches his prime, he'll need other talent in their prime, and that won't be Carmelo.

There are about 3 of us on the knicks board who don't like melo, the rest love while. I am one of those 3 who can't stand him and hated the trade years ago. I still don't like him, although he has been playing smarter and more within the system this year. I still don't get having a great young talent AND melo, but I'm trusting phil. I am one of the few who wanted melo traded for more picks this year. Would've loved to have given him to Lakers for #2 and whatever else, but proz is slowly winning me over.
RIP, magnumt '19

Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#11 » by Cicero » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:45 pm

br7knicks wrote:
arasu wrote:

This may blow your mind, but you need good players with good stats to win championships. You don't just like, teleport there. "Don't tell me how good this player on this team is, I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP"
lol realgm
lol knicks fans
br7knicks

Post#12 » by br7knicks » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:19 am

Cicero wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
arasu wrote:I can't see why anyone wouldn't believe in Porzingis' potential to lead the Knicks to eventual contender status after how well he has started the season. He barely turned 20 and is already averaging 14 and 9. His recent run over 4 games has produced some incredible stats: 19.5 PPG on .519 FG, .667 3PT, .900 FT, with 11.3 RPG and 2.8 BPG. How many players produce those kinds of numbers ever, let alone at age 20?

This may blow your mind, but you need good players with good stats to win championships. You don't just like, teleport there. "Don't tell me how good this player on this team is, I WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP"
lol realgm
lol knicks fans

Really? You sure?

Lol kids these days :nonono:
RIP, magnumt '19

lekasjeda
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#13 » by lekasjeda » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:25 am

Still rmr carmelo saying he was disppointed with the knicks draft pick
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#14 » by Cicero » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:06 am

br7knicks wrote:
Cicero wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

lol realgm
lol knicks fans

Really? You sure?

Lol kids these days :nonono:

lol 20,000+ posts :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion