Jamal Crawford Wins 6th Man Of The Year Award

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jamal Crawford Wins 6th Man Of The Year Award 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Jamal Crawford has won the NBA's 6th Man of the Year Award.

Crawford had 341 points (51 first place votes), beating out Andre Iguodala, who had 288 points (33 first place votes).

Finishing third was Enes Kanter with 182 points (19 first place votes), followed by Will Barton with 158 points (15 first place votes)

Via RealGM Staff Report

luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Jamal Crawford Wins 6th Man Of The Year Award 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 pm

This award is such a joke. It basically goes to the bench player who scores the most.

Crawford? Really? What does he bring to the table?

Poor defender, poor rebounder, poor passer, poor shooter.... He's winning this award for 14 PPG on 40% FG.

Child please. There are at least 10 bench players more valuable than Crawford
Cicero
Junior
And1: 156

Post#3 » by Cicero » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Stupid pick, this is like the choice you'd make if you hadn't really watched the season and had to spit out a "usual suspect".
Riko
Rookie
And1: 688

Post#4 » by Riko » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Iguodala, Barton and Kanter deserve this award more than him.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:10 pm

Riko wrote:Iguodala, Barton and Kanter deserve this award more than him.

Exactly. I believe they felt that they didn't have anyone else to really give it too.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#6 » by Chris3323 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Stop hating dude

luss54321 wrote:This award is such a joke. It basically goes to the bench player who scores the most.

Poor defender, poor rebounder, poor passer, poor shooter.... He's winning this award for 14 PPG on 40% FG.

Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Chris3323 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Barton is a MIP candidate, not 6th man.
Iggy Averaged 7 ppg, I have never seen a 6th man of the year average under 10ppg at least. so stop the stupidity.
Kanter, is the only one I will agree with. But I have no problem with Jamal geting it, since Jamal has won games for the Clippers, Kanter is strictly a role player
MitchB3 wrote:

Exactly. I believe they felt that they didn't have anyone else to really give it too.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Chris3323 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:54 pm

I just hope he doesn't come up small in the playoffs again
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by Chris3323 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:58 pm

You seriously care about his Field goal percentage? the guy has won games for the Clippers who stayed in the 4th seed in the tough West without Blake.

Stop hating. Since when did a 6th man award go to a great defender or passer. Its for winning games and scoring on winning teams.

luss54321 wrote:This award is such a joke. It basically goes to the bench player who scores the most.

PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Not a huge fan of Crawford but I could be biased as I experienced his crawful days in Portland and that year was a bad year in general for the blazers
mj_shoefanatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 104

Post#11 » by mj_shoefanatic » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Well deserved.
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#12 » by dballislife » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:08 pm

horrible, this is not a winning player...he didnt even have a good year
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#13 » by luss54321 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Chris3323 wrote:You seriously care about his Field goal percentage? the guy has won games for the Clippers who stayed in the 4th seed in the tough West without Blake.

Stop hating. Since when did a 6th man award go to a great defender or passer. Its for winning games and scoring on winning teams.

You seriously DON'T care about FG% ? If you're shooting 40% and not contributing in any other way, then you're likely having a negative impact on your team's win total.

I can't think of a single thing Jamal Crawford does well at this point in his career.

How does jacking up shots with very low efficiency help your team?
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#14 » by TKainZero » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 pm

This award is a joke
2nd year in a row it should have been iggy
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#15 » by Furinkazan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:22 pm

lmao

Barton should win it.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 688

Post#16 » by Riko » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Chris3323 wrote:Barton is a MIP candidate, not 6th man.
Iggy Averaged 7 ppg, I have never seen a 6th man of the year average under 10ppg at least. so stop the stupidity.
Kanter, is the only one I will agree with. But I have no problem with Jamal geting it, since Jamal has won games for the Clippers, Kanter is strictly a role player

Barton won't win the MIP award (it goes to McCollum), but he score more points (with better efficent), grabs more rebounds and does more assist, steal and blocks than Crawford.
Iguodala is the sixth man of a 73 wins team.
Kanter has a win share of 8.3 (first among bench player), Crawford has a win share of 3.3 (33th among bench player).

Link
To be fair I pick even Lin, Holiday (if he qualifed) and Anderson over Crawford. This is simply a bad choice...
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#17 » by Yallbecrazy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:25 am

lol Kanter, perhaps the one guy on the ballot less deserving than Crawford. I guess no one cares about this award so they just sort by ppg not realizing that Crawford is actually terrible and doesn't belong in the NBA
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#18 » by Up-And-Coming » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 am

Yallbecrazy wrote:

lol Kanter, perhaps the one guy on the ballot less deserving than Crawford. I guess no one cares about this award so they just sort by ppg not realizing that Crawford is actually terrible and doesn't belong in the NBA

I disagree. Kanter imo definitely deserves the award more than Crawford. He's been having a quietly amazing year off the bench. The dude is extremely efficient on the offensive end and a beast at rebounding. It's just his defense that is poor. If he ever becomes an average defender he is an all-star when given starter minutes imo. I know he gets loads of hate but he is still only 23 years old and is arguably the best big man off the bench.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#19 » by bakesale » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:10 am

Chris3323 wrote:You seriously care about his Field goal percentage? the guy has won games for the Clippers who stayed in the 4th seed in the tough West without Blake.

Yes field goal % does matter. If you are an inefficient shooter along with being a bad defender it gives you a clearer picture about whether his impact was a net positive or a net negative.

It should go to the player with the biggest impact like Iguodala. His lack of scoring is heavily outweighed by the impact he has in getting Curry open shots, relieving Curry's ball handling duties as well as defending the opposition's best perimeter player especially in crunch time.
When Kerr really wants to slow down the top players such as Harden or Lebron he calls upon Iguodala to do the job and he does an amazing job.
Iggy leads all bench players in +/- and that tells you the positive impact he has on the game.

6th man should go to the player who has the biggest impact and that is Andre Iguodala.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by Chris3323 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 pm

You realize that the Clippers couldnt of won so many games without him right?

or do you think Rivers was the reason they have been winning.

luss54321 wrote:

You seriously DON'T care about FG% ? If you're shooting 40% and not contributing in any other way, then you're likely having a negative impact on your team's win total.

I can't think of a single thing Jamal Crawford does well at this point in his career.

How does jacking up shots with very low efficiency help your team?

Return to Wiretap Discussion