Kings Won't Trade DeMarcus Cousins 'This Year For Sure'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kings Won't Trade DeMarcus Cousins 'This Year For Sure' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 10, 2016 8:51 pm

The Sacramento Kings have apparently ruled out trading DeMarcus Cousins this offseason.

"He's not going to be traded - this year for sure," said Vlade Divac.

Cousins will be a free agent in 2018, which gives the Kings three more trade windows in the 2017 trade deadline, 2017 offseason and 2018 trade deadline in case they want to move on from him.

The Kings will be opening a new arena for the 16-17 season.

Via Sean Cunningham/ABC10

Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Kings Won't Trade DeMarcus Cousins 'This Year For Sure' 

Post#2 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 pm

They finally got him an appropriate coach. Now let's see what he can really do.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:11 pm

100% he won't resign there when he's ufa - I bet his mind is made up. Rondo likely signs a three year max deal with opt out in 2018 this summer so he can be a ufa again when Boogie is.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#4 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue May 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Sam195 wrote:100% he won't resign there when he's ufa - I bet his mind is made up. Rondo likely signs a three year max deal with opt out in 2018 this summer so he can be a ufa again when Boogie is.

I don't think you understand DeMarcus Cousins very well. Which is almost understandable given how badly the media butchers their narrative. But Cousins is loyal above all else. In almost every interview he talks about being the guy to bring winning back to Sacramento. If they keep on winning 30 games, of course. But there have been giant steps taken to ending that streak over the past year. He likes his GM. He's probably got the coach he's been looking for. It won't take much winning for him to stay.
Lakers4Life310
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#5 » by Lakers4Life310 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 pm

Sam195 wrote:100% he won't resign there when he's ufa - I bet his mind is made up. Rondo likely signs a three year max deal with opt out in 2018 this summer so he can be a ufa again when Boogie is.

You don't watch Sacramento basketball that much and i Dont blame you lol but when it comes to Demarcus Cousins, I'm sure he's going to resign. This guy is all about loyalty and he's truly grateful to be the franchise player here. Never Say Never cause they need to add more pieces and get rid of a lot of scrubs but I do see Cousins staying. Well I see them trading him if anything but thats a huge IF. This is the last coach Cousins should have during his career in Sac or he's gone.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#6 » by luss54321 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:18 am

Cousins is immensely talented, but... He will never be a leader. He will never inspire his teammates. He will never respect his coach. He will never establish a winning culture. He will never represent your team and city in a positive manor. Damn shame because he's a generational player based on his talent.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#7 » by King4Day » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 am

Makes sense. New arena. New coach. I'm sure that was part of the stipulation for the hiring too. Give him a chance to coach Cousins.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#8 » by Northface82 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:03 am

Just another day in Sacramento.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#9 » by Black Jack » Wed May 11, 2016 7:38 am

LOL. This is like telling your girlfriend you won't break up with her this year, for sure.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#10 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Wed May 11, 2016 7:55 am

It's pronounced, "Fo Show"
kidco2
Pro Prospect
And1: 553

Post#11 » by kidco2 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:47 am

By one delay after another they spin out their whole lives, till there’s no more future left for them
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#12 » by teebonze » Wed May 11, 2016 11:21 am

I would see about the Lakers if that trade rumor is true about them wanting to trade their draft pick this year (if they get it) and other possible pieces like Randall etc. Looks like Sacramento will probably wait until last minute though but right now his trade value is still high.
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#13 » by brackdan70 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:59 pm

This is the last time they can get close to full value for him. Trade him now or not at all and make sure he is happy enough to re-sign in 2018. Could be an disastrous mistake or great decision.... right now they could get a couple useful players, a top 10 (or better pick) and a solid future pick I bet. at the trade deadline it will be less and in the following season he will be a rental so very little value...maybe a lotto pick at best.
Sign here
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#14 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 11, 2016 2:55 pm

brackdan70 wrote:This is the last time they can get close to full value for him. Trade him now or not at all and make sure he is happy enough to re-sign in 2018. Could be an disastrous mistake or great decision.... right now they could get a couple useful players, a top 10 (or better pick) and a solid future pick I bet. at the trade deadline it will be less and in the following season he will be a rental so very little value...maybe a lotto pick at best.

I've yet to see an offer in realgm.com&oq from another fanbase tat has even come close to offering full value for cousins. They all want a discount t because of this reason or that reason, so if that holds true amongst nba gms, the your argument in null and void. Besides trading cousins at the deadline is likely the best way to maximize value to a team that wants to get instant gratification and give up their future for a shot now. That's how that works.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 11, 2016 2:58 pm

[YouTube][/YouTube]

And what exactly do you base that opinion on? Certainly not facts. Cousins has repeatedly stated he loves sacramento and wants to make the kings a perennial winner. With the fact that the kings can offer him thr most money to boot, why exactly would cousins want to move on? He loves the city and he's an extremely Loyal person. If cousins moves on to another team it's either because the kings decided to move on from him. I'd highly suspect he resigns in sacramento because if he's still on the kings by 2018 that means things are trending in the right direction.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Wed May 11, 2016 3:00 pm

[*]
Black Jack wrote:LOL. This is like telling your girlfriend you won't break up with her this year, for sure.
Black Jack wrote:LOL. This is like telling your girlfriend you won't break up with her this year, for sure.

Yeah if she you both signed a three year contract to dating exclusively it's a good analogy otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever. You're comparing apples with cumquats.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#17 » by LaRance » Wed May 11, 2016 3:17 pm

:lol: hahaha know right
Brianmas23
Junior
And1: 25

Post#18 » by Brianmas23 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:22 pm

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:This is the last time they can get close to full value for him. Trade him now or not at all and make sure he is happy enough to re-sign in 2018. Could be an disastrous mistake or great decision.... right now they could get a couple useful players, a top 10 (or better pick) and a solid future pick I bet. at the trade deadline it will be less and in the following season he will be a rental so very little value...maybe a lotto pick at best.

I've yet to see an offer in realgm.com&oq from another fanbase tat has even come close to offering full value for cousins. They all want a discount t because of this reason or that reason, so if that holds true amongst nba gms, the your argument in null and void. Besides trading cousins at the deadline is likely the best way to maximize value to a team that wants to get instant gratification and give up their future for a shot now. That's how that works.

Problem with that is, most teams that are 1 player away from making a late season push isn't going to want to give up players to get Boogie. And the draft picks they will have will be higher in the first round which doesn't do you much good to rebuild. The only team in the NBA, the way it sits now, would be Boston. They have a TON of draft picks and some young players they could include that wouldn't hurt them to much, they could trade that would help Sac rebuild.
Brianmas23
Junior
And1: 25

Post#19 » by Brianmas23 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:35 pm

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:[YouTube][/YouTube]

And what exactly do you base that opinion on? Certainly not facts. Cousins has repeatedly stated he loves sacramento and wants to make the kings a perennial winner. With the fact that the kings can offer him thr most money to boot, why exactly would cousins want to move on? He loves the city and he's an extremely Loyal person. If cousins moves on to another team it's either because the kings decided to move on from him. I'd highly suspect he resigns in sacramento because if he's still on the kings by 2018 that means things are trending in the right direction.

What is he suppose to say? I hate it here, I hope we lose? Boogie would want to move on because the franchise is run horribly. History will make him not want to resign. They make horrible draft picks every year who they turn around a trade 2 years later. They make horrible trades, like the one with Philly that Philly has the right to swap picks with them in this years draft. And no free agent wants to sign a long term deal with the Kings. The organization from top to bottom is a mess, they would have been better off letting them move to Seattle a few years back when they forced the Maloof's to sell the team.The best thing for Sac is to trade him now when he still has a couple of years left on his deal because teams will want to give up more to have him for 2 years instead of trading him when he has a year left on his deal. Vlade seems in over his head with this job. Sacramento from top to bottom is a mess and doesn't seem like there is any light at the end of the tunnel.
K6P
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#20 » by K6P » Wed May 11, 2016 8:36 pm

V.R. is a bad owner (read: "Nick Rocks!")

If he just let the GM (Alessandro?) at the time pick Elfrid Payton instead of Staukas they could have made the playoffs this year (hindsight is 20/20, I know, but they already had McLemore at the 2 which is why Staukas was a poor decision -AND they were in NEED of a point guard at the time)

It would be nice to see DaMarcus in the playoffs and see what damage he can create - even if his team is an 8 seed.

Return to Wiretap Discussion