John Wall 'Rankled' By James Harden's Extension

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:05 am

John Wall recently admitted he and Bradley Beal sometimes "dislike each other on the court" in an interview.

“Wall’s got jealousy issues. He’s always upset with someone who makes more money than him," said one source.

An agent described Wall's situation with Beal like this: “Whatever is public, multiply it by five and that’s how they really feel about each other. It’s probably a total disaster.”

A front-office executive says that Wall was “rankled” after James Harden signed a four-year, $118 million extension with the Rockets.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

Meatcookie
Rookie
And1: 219

Re: John Wall 'Rankled' By James Harden's Extension 

Post#2 » by Meatcookie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 am

ran·kle

verb
past tense: rankled; past participle: rankled

1. archaic
(of a wound or sore) continue to be painful; fester.

2.(of a comment, event, or fact) cause annoyance or resentment that persists.
"the casual manner of his dismissal still rankles"
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#3 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:48 am

Wall has given them the opening on this one. The media have sniffed out the opportunity for a "juicy" story so now here they come with all of their "sources" and dirt flinging. Give me a break.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:51 am

Lol someone needs to remind him that he's making more than Stephen curry.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Apollo64
Starter
And1: 724

Post#5 » by Apollo64 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:11 am

Meatcookie wrote:ran·kle

verb
past tense: rankled; past participle: rankled

1. archaic
(of a wound or sore) continue to be painful; fester.

2.(of a comment, event, or fact) cause annoyance or resentment that persists.
"the casual manner of his dismissal still rankles"

You learn something new every day!
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,068

Post#6 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:15 am

He's angry that someone else makes a couple million more than he does? He still makes way too much money as it is to play a fun game. He needs to grow up if he really does get jealous about other peoples salaries.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#7 » by K_chile22 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:25 am

If he's mad about a clearly better player making more money than him imagine how he feels about Beal, who he already doesn't like, and his max contract

Also, really immature. Don't count another dudes money. Be happy for them and wait your turn, if you do you it will pay off.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#8 » by Disinformation » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:30 am

Wall kind of sounds like a little bitch.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#9 » by LukasBMW » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:40 am

I think Wall could be the 3rd best PG in the league (behind only Steph and Westbrook) if he had his head on straight.

Too bad it sounds like he is a spoiled little diva with no leadership skills and a very poor attitude.

Wouldn't want him on my team.
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#10 » by Pedro » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:17 am

Wall has made too many public jealousy comments about what others make, which shows hes more focused on money than being the best player he can. I have hoped that part of his immaturities were due to coach Whitmans inadequacies because Wall is wildly talented. If he doesnt show improvement under Scott Brooks then he may begin a slow downward spiral like many other players with attitude problems. I dont blame him for disliking Beal as hes overrated and injury prone at 24 yet still got an undeserving max deal.
GaaBaaBoo
Senior
And1: 50

Post#11 » by GaaBaaBoo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:34 am

Alright lemme make a conclusion for you guys:

Wall is exactly the kind of player who is going to go broke after retirement. Mark my words.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#12 » by RSP83 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 am

Meanwhile Steph kept lighting the league on fire despite his contract.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#13 » by haste10176 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 am

LukasBMW wrote:I think Wall could be the 3rd best PG in the league (behind only Steph and Westbrook) if he had his head on straight.

Too bad it sounds like he is a spoiled little diva with no leadership skills and a very poor attitude.

Your putting him ahead of Irving and CP3... really?? Irving ok maybe cause Irving does not pass but CP3.... come on
SVG
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#14 » by SVG » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 am

This dude seems like a cry baby. He seems to always have something to say when another player gets paid :crazy:

Worry about you damm self son!
I'm Scrappt like super CONTRA!

Statistical data is difficult to argue with...unless you have an agenda.
Hakimbrook
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Hakimbrook » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:52 am

Guuuuys please let's not forget it's the punk-ass reporters that always initiate the whole situation all along. Whenever they ask you, you're obviously expected to respond so basically Wall was asked questions about Reggie Jackson and Beal (probably about their newest contracts too specifically) and he naturally responded.

Ok. Now, clearly Wall sounds sensitive for the most part but how the f*#@ did the media come up with the "Rankled" thing about Harden for God's sake! I mean, if it was actually true then why wouldn't they state what he specifically said about Harden? The way I look at the whole thing is that, Wall was asked about Jackson and Beal and he accidentally slipped off outta bounds about their contracts so right after that, he fell in Media's spotlight about contrats. So now fans will always be intrigued about any fabricated lies dealing with Wall.

NBA should pro'ly also warn the media about these sorts of bs 'couse it'll only be resulting conflict and hard feelings among players.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#16 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:08 am

Hakimbrook wrote:Guuuuys please let's not forget it's the punk-ass reporters that always initiate the whole situation all along. Whenever they ask you, you're obviously expected to respond so basically Wall was asked questions about Reggie Jackson and Beal (probably about their newest contracts too specifically) and he naturally responded.

Ok. Now, clearly Wall sounds sensitive for the most part but how the f*#@ did the media come up with the "Rankled" thing about Harden for God's sake! I mean, if it was actually true then why wouldn't they state what he specifically said about Harden? The way I look at the whole thing is that, Wall was asked about Jackson and Beal and he accidentally slipped off outta bounds about their contracts so right after that, he fell in Media's spotlight about contrats. So now fans will always be intrigued about any fabricated lies dealing with Wall.

NBA should pro'ly also warn the media about these sorts of bs 'couse it'll only be resulting conflict and hard feelings among players.

He was clearly upset about the fact that Jackson was making as much as him.. So why should we think this is complete BS?
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#17 » by K_chile22 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:30 am

Hakimbrook wrote:Guuuuys please let's not forget it's the punk-ass reporters that always initiate the whole situation all along. Whenever they ask you, you're obviously expected to respond so basically Wall was asked questions about Reggie Jackson and Beal (probably about their newest contracts too specifically) and he naturally responded.

As far as I know (and I couldn't find anything that says different) he called out Jackson on his own. iirc he was asked about his own contract but he decided to use the opportunity to count someone else's money and air his grievances that way. He's done nothing to deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this kind of stuff or his comments about he and Beal not getting along.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#18 » by MagicStarwipe » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:05 am

Well Beal needs to get up to Wall's level to live up to that contract because right now he's nowhere near the player Wall is.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:54 pm

IAMZOOTED wrote:Lol someone needs to remind him that he's making more than Stephen curry.

this. unbelievable. all NBA players who make more than curry and get upset need to realize this
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#20 » by br7knicks » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:55 pm

LukasBMW wrote:I think Wall could be the 3rd best PG in the league (behind only Steph and Westbrook) if he had his head on straight.

like your avatar. man has my vote, 2 elections in a row
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to Wiretap Discussion