Russell Westbrook Done Responding To Kevin Durant's Comments

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook Done Responding To Kevin Durant's Comments 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Russell Westbrook was asked about comments made by Kevin Durant in which he said he feels "really grateful to play for a team like that and play with a bunch of players who are selfless and enjoy the game in its purest form." 

"That's cute man," said Westbrook. "My job is to worry about what's going on here and worry about all of the 'selfish' guys we've got over here apparently."

Westbrook was asked if it's difficult not to take comments by Durant as a criticism of the Thunder.

"I don't care," said Westbrook. "To me it doesn't matter. My job is to worry about here. Honestly, I'm really tired of talking about it. Anytime anybody asks another question, I'm not going to answer it. Just FYI. I'm not talking about it no more."

Via Royce Young/ESPN

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: Russell Westbrook Done Responding To Kevin Durant's Comments 

Post#2 » by bestnamezRtaken » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Have never been a Westbrook fan at all...can't stand the guy. But I will admit he's one of the most talented players in the league. Regarding his comments about the whole Durant thing, kudos to him for finally shutting up stupid ass reporters like that. I imagine that gets so annoying and tiresome talking about BS like that.

Westbrook will likely win MVP this year, if the Thunder make it to the post season.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,761

Post#3 » by omerome » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:30 pm

This is one reason why Russell Westbrook is one of my favorite players. He gives it his all and he doesn't give a fk.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:44 pm

KD is such a passive aggressive bitch. I'm a Nets fan but I hope the Thunder do well in spite of that clown.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#5 » by Throwback24 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:KD is such a passive aggressive bitch. I'm a Nets fan but I hope the Thunder do well in spite of that clown.

How? Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. He can't talk his teammates up? Everything he says will be taken as a slight at OKC.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Throwback24 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:KD is such a passive aggressive bitch. I'm a Nets fan but I hope the Thunder do well in spite of that clown.

How? Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. He can't talk his teammates up? Everything he says will be taken as a slight at OKC.

Media at its worst.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#7 » by MegaK » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:

Media at its worst.

I don't blame KD for signing with the Warriors but damn why can't he just shut up for a little while. Just don't saying anything that can be taken as a slight against OKC. Everyone thinks you made a cowards choice by joining GSW, don't add fuel to that fire. Just shut up and play and hope that all of this scrutiny passes sooner rather than later. Saying things like this does not help.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#8 » by Reeko » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 pm

It's on Durant to check the media and let them know that any praise of his new team is not meant as a slight to his old one.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:17 am

bestnamezRtaken wrote:Have never been a Westbrook fan at all...can't stand the guy. But I will admit he's one of the most talented players in the league. Regarding his comments about the whole Durant thing, kudos to him for finally shutting up stupid ass reporters like that. I imagine that gets so annoying and tiresome talking about BS like that.

Westbrook will likely win MVP this year, if the Thunder make it to the post season.

They'll have to be a top 4 seed
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#10 » by likashing » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:56 am

But the media is not done asking...
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Emtokay
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#11 » by Emtokay » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:50 am

westy's mindset is such that one can believe what he says. if the subject is done,,,it's done. publicly and privately
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#12 » by Mr. E » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:11 am

Countdown to God-Mode Westbrook. Can't wait! (unless he's playing Houston, then I hope that he only has an average performance).
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#13 » by Bball0000 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 am

Reeko wrote:It's on Durant to check the media and let them know that any praise of his new team is not meant as a slight to his old one.

Or it's on the media to grow brains and not twist everything to fit their narrative. Oh wait, that's their main job nvm. It's on fans to have enough common sense to not read into things too much. All KD was doing praising GSW's play style. That's bad? That's a "slight" to the thunder? Maybe it is for spinsters, but it's more of a compliment on how GSW moves the ball. Not every team does that, including the thunder.
big_hump
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#14 » by big_hump » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:54 am

Bball0000 wrote:
Reeko wrote:It's on Durant to check the media and let them know that any praise of his new team is not meant as a slight to his old one.

Or it's on the media to grow brains and not twist everything to fit their narrative. Oh wait, that's their main job nvm. It's on fans to have enough common sense to not read into things too much. All KD was doing praising GSW's play style. That's bad? That's a "slight" to the thunder? Maybe it is for spinsters, but it's more of a compliment on how GSW moves the ball. Not every team does that, including the thunder.

If they did that there would be no story. They create discord on purpose.

Return to Wiretap Discussion