Mavs Expected To Pursue DeMarcus Cousins In 2018

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Mavs Expected To Pursue DeMarcus Cousins In 2018 

Post#21 » by MitchB3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:54 am

So the Mavs still haven't learned their lesson? Players don't want to come to you, Dwight said no, Kevin Durant didn't even give you an appointment, Melo only entertained you, and LaMarcus didn't really consider you, and yet you still want to go after big names.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#22 » by MitchB3 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 am

So the Mavs still haven't learned their lesson? Players don't want to come to you, Dwight said no, Kevin Durant didn't even give you an appointment, Melo only entertained you, and LaMarcus didn't really consider you, and yet you still want to go after big names.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#23 » by likashing » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:41 am

Sam195 wrote:
likashing wrote:Dallas has been a sought after destination for top flight free agents like Harrison Barnes and Matthews just to name a couple.

lol Dallas only got both because they gave them max deals at the beginning of free agency went other teams were chasing the top free agents in each class. Both contracts look like overpays. Barnes is young but many have doubts he will emerge into an all star talent. Matthews is injury-prone and a role player at best. Lakers are a more popular free agent destination than Dallas even when they are awful. And the lakers situation is a better one going forward with all the cap space and young players on rookie deals they have going forward.

I was nodding until I saw the Lakers...
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#24 » by IAMZOOTED » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:30 am

Sam195 wrote:
Johnny Firpo wrote:
IAMZOOTED wrote:CP3 and Dwight did not almost go to Dallas. Dallas didn't have nearly enough to trade for them and they weren't both free agents at the same time ( pretty sure CP3 re-signed with LAC before he was even a ufa) so how could it have been close to happening?

They supposedly already agreed on Dallas as a destination, then it fell apart. I guess you could argue on the "almost" part, but the point is, they wouldn't have mind playing in Dallas. It mostly comes down to market, players, coach and owner, all four of which we were decent to good to great at the time. It didn't happen, but when it comes to a huge free agent, there is only one winner, and 29 losing teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--what-short-circuited-serious-plans-for-dwight-howard-and-chris-paul-to-play-together-in-dallas--110112.html

Mavs always wanted Deron Williams - CP3 was never their top choice - people forget that D-will was an elite pg before all his injuries and issues arose in Brooklyn. This dude carried pretty talent dry utah teams to the western conference finals on more than one occasion. There were reports however when the league owned the hornets that - the magic like the lakers and clippers made an offer for cp3 to try and unite him with dwight but clearly it was not enough to reach advanced talks like the lakers vetoed deal or the modified clippers deal that included a lottery pick (became austin rivers) over eric bledsoe (agent said that bledsoe wouldn't sign an extension and would play his qualifying offer and leave as ufa if he landed in NO).

Deron Williams helped the jazz reach the western conference finals one time. Boozer, Okur, and AK47 were all on that team as well.

Maybe the mavs did want deron Williams more, but they really just want any star or someone they think can be a star.. they just gave Harrison Barnes a max contract.. Harrison Barnes.
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.

Return to Wiretap Discussion