LeBron James 'Had Nothing But Respect' For Phil Jackson 'Until Now'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James 'Had Nothing But Respect' For Phil Jackson 'Until Now' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Phil Jackson's remarks about LeBron James and his "posse" has received condemnation from Maverick Carter and has also now caused James to lose respect in the current president of the New York Knicks Knicks 

"I had nothing but respect for him as a coach," said James when asked about the comments.

Q: "Had respect?"

LeBron: "Yeah."

Q: "Until now?"

LeBron: "Yeah."

Jackson made the remarks during a wide ranging interview with Jackie Macmullan.

"It had to hurt when they lost LeBron," Jackson said. "That was definitely a slap in the face. But there were a lot of little things that came out of that. When LeBron was playing with the Heat, they went to Cleveland, and he wanted to spend the night. They don't do overnights. Teams just don't. So now [coach Erik] Spoelstra has to text Riley and say, 'What do I do in this situation?' And Pat, who has iron-fist rules, answers, 'You are on the plane. You are with this team.' You can't hold up the whole team because you and your mom and your posse want to spend an extra night in Cleveland.

"I always thought Pat had this really nice vibe with his guys. But something happened there where it broke down. I do know LeBron likes special treatment. He needs things his way."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Re: LeBron James 'Had Nothing But Respect' For Phil Jackson 'Until Now' 

Post#2 » by Rollie » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Did he have respect for him when he took a shot at him at the championship parade?
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#3 » by Rhythm043 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Lebron worth 350 million dollars is hurt about someone telling it how it is. The truth hurts. What a baby
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
Hakimbrook46
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#4 » by Hakimbrook46 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Calling out players on purpose? This Phil guy tends to be childish at times.
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,405

Post#5 » by JellosJigglin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:43 pm

Lebron becoming a SJW, so he's just allowing his posse to tell him how he's supposed to feel. Didn't see anything malicious in Phil's statement.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,126

Post#6 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Drama Queen...
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#7 » by arasu » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:50 pm

If Phil's comment caused LeBron to lose respect for him, then LeBron's reaction, if true, would cause me to lose respect for LeBron. There is no excuse for those two reaching so low for no good reason (LeBron and Maverick). Sick and stupid at the same time!
I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Post#8 » by I_Never Lied » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Rhythm043 wrote:Lebron worth 350 million dollars is hurt about someone telling it how it is. The truth hurts. What a baby

LeBron has to deal with more scrutiny and exposure than the average player. He deserves special treatment.
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#9 » by Marionettetc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 pm

When you manipulate front offices for special treatment of your boys (randoms on your payroll), that's a posse.

The subtext in his reply is that calling his group of idiots a posse is racist, trying to spin it as "young black men trying to make a difference". Give me a break. If anyone else acted like as much of a diva as Lebron did they would be called way worse.
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#10 » by Whetzell » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:50 pm

Headline should be:

"Lebron finally does something dumber then The Decision"
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#11 » by haste10176 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:37 am

arasu wrote:If Phil's comment caused LeBron to lose respect for him, then LeBron's reaction, if true, would cause me to lose respect for LeBron. There is no excuse for those two reaching so low for no good reason (LeBron and Maverick). Sick and stupid at the same time!

Although I think Lebron is taking this to a ridiculous length to say it is racist I am pretty sure it was Jackson who went low first.. Not sure what hearsay he has and thought he would bring out to the public but he should be shutting the f up on this one... Riley treats his players well according to Jackson but does not hang onto a franchise star in Wade and under pays his stars.. Whatever Lebron did or did not do why is Jackson bringing hearsay up years later.. What Lebron did for Miami was take them to finals 4 times in a row and win them two championship rings...
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#12 » by arasu » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm

haste10176 wrote:
arasu wrote:If Phil's comment caused LeBron to lose respect for him, then LeBron's reaction, if true, would cause me to lose respect for LeBron. There is no excuse for those two reaching so low for no good reason (LeBron and Maverick). Sick and stupid at the same time!

Although I think Lebron is taking this to a ridiculous length to say it is racist I am pretty sure it was Jackson who went low first.. Not sure what hearsay he has and thought he would bring out to the public but he should be shutting the f up on this one... Riley treats his players well according to Jackson but does not hang onto a franchise star in Wade and under pays his stars.. Whatever Lebron did or did not do why is Jackson bringing hearsay up years later.. What Lebron did for Miami was take them to finals 4 times in a row and win them two championship rings...

Simple well deserved criticism is hardly "going low", though if done so repeatedly or without prompting it should be considered that way. It does seem to be a sort of unprompted piling on LeBron for no good reason. Phil should have kept his trap shut. But bringing race into it is plain dirty. It's like responding to a poke in the chest with a serious beatdown. Too much.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,065

Post#13 » by ontnut » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:07 pm

This is pathetic. Bunch of crybabies.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#14 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Oh, the Queen is hurt when her posse has been called posse.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion