Hassan Whiteside Not Paying Attention To Trade Rumors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hassan Whiteside Not Paying Attention To Trade Rumors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:34 pm

The future of Hassan Whiteside with the Miami Heat is uncertain just a few months after signing a long-term, four-year, $98 million deal in the offseason.

"I think the Heat are open for business," said Zach Lowe on a recent podcast. "Up and down the roster, literally every player. No one is untouchable, not even Hassan Whiteside, by a longshot."

Whiteside was asked about the speculation.

"I never really pay attention to it," the shot-blocking center said before the Heat faced the Golden State Warriors at Oracle Arena. "If I pay attention to it, I wouldn't be back in the league. There's all kind of rumors. A lot of people said of lot of things to keep me from being back in the league."

Miami now has an 11-29 record.

"I knew it was going to be a big change when we got nine new guys coming to the team," he said of the offseason makeover. "I knew it was going to be a lot different. It's a whole new team. But these guys, they care about winning, so it could always be worse."

Via Ira Winderman/South Florida Sun Sentinel

GreenRiddler
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Re: Hassan Whiteside Not Paying Attention To Trade Rumors 

Post#2 » by GreenRiddler » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 am

Man you should have given up the sunshine big fella. Imagine you with Dame and McCollum. You might've led the league in PER.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Cassius » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

GreenRiddler wrote:Man you should have given up the sunshine big fella. Imagine you with Dame and McCollum. You might've led the league in PER.

That would be an excellent fit... too bad Portland gave everyone a massive contract that will be hard to package for a guy like Whiteside.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Tim Reynolds
Senior
And1: 970

Post#4 » by Tim Reynolds » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

I think he meant Whiteside should have signed as a free agent last off-season, when he was a UFA.
ATTL wrote:Honestly you people laugh at toilet paper hoarders, but you really dont have enough toilet paper yourselves. The average person uses 1 roll per day. If you have a family of 4, that's 28 rolls a week. Over 100 a month.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#5 » by IWishIWasHarden » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Sam Dekker, Clint Capala, Corey Brewer and 2 1sts for Whiteside please.

Return to Wiretap Discussion