Heat Intrigued By Serge Ibaka

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Heat Intrigued By Serge Ibaka 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 9, 2017 6:47 pm

Serge Ibaka is on the radar of the Miami Heat.

Ibaka will be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason and the Orlando Magic are willing to consider offers. It is unclear whether the Heat have the assets Orlando would want in exchange for Ibaka. The Magic acquired Ibaka last June from the Oklahoma City Thunder for Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis and Ersan Ilyasova.

Ibaka has averaged 14.9 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and shot 38.6 percent on threes.

Via Barry Jackson/Miami Herald

Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Re: Heat Intrigued By Serge Ibaka 

Post#2 » by Dino353 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 8:25 pm

Ibaka would be nasty alongside Whiteside. They can sign him to a nice contract, bring back Waiters with a healthy Winslow and Dragic and the Heat will be back in the playoffs.
streets talking
Senior
And1: 31

Post#3 » by streets talking » Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:37 pm

the heats only valuable piece is justice winslow ... so he would def. have to go in any deal or sacrifice 1st rd picks
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#4 » by Furinkazan » Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:55 pm

streets talking wrote:the heats only valuable piece is justice winslow ... so he would def. have to go in any deal or sacrifice 1st rd picks

magic dont need yet another player who cant shoot so I doubt it
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#5 » by gom » Thu Feb 9, 2017 10:59 pm

streets talking wrote:the heats only valuable piece is justice winslow ... so he would def. have to go in any deal or sacrifice 1st rd picks

No chance. We aren't giving valuable assets for an Ibaka. We can sign him in the off-season like everyone else. The only advantage is his bird rights and his cap hold is $18.3M.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#6 » by Wolfy1983 » Thu Feb 9, 2017 11:02 pm

Dino353 wrote:Ibaka would be nasty alongside Whiteside. They can sign him to a nice contract, bring back Waiters with a healthy Winslow and Dragic and the Heat will be back in the playoffs.

They'll be in the playoffs this year without him. Though adding him in the offseason alongside Whiteside, Waiters and Dragic would make them a contender in the East.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
gom

Post#7 » by gom » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:04 am

digg211 wrote:
Dino353 wrote:Ibaka would be nasty alongside Whiteside. They can sign him to a nice contract, bring back Waiters with a healthy Winslow and Dragic and the Heat will be back in the playoffs.

They'll be in the playoffs this year without him. Though adding him in the offseason alongside Whiteside, Waiters and Dragic would make them a contender in the East.

There is only one contender in the East, Cleveland. Whiteside, Waiters, Dragic, and Ibaka would be a great team to watch, but we can't get ahead of ourselves.
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:15 am

gom wrote:
digg211 wrote:

There is only one contender in the East, Cleveland. Whiteside, Waiters, Dragic, and Ibaka would be a great team to watch, but we can't get ahead of ourselves.

Well, I'm gonna stay with that mindset until I see the 11-30 team which I don't believe will happen. Obviously they won't continue at this pace but I definitely see Miami competing in every game.

With Ibaka playing alongside Whiteside, it will be difficult for any opponent to score inside and we defend the 3 point line pretty well. Our guys have also shown on this streak that they can nail a boatload of three's, though they did chizzle off a little last game.
gom

Post#9 » by gom » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 am

digg211 wrote:
gom wrote:
digg211 wrote:

Well, I'm gonna stay with that mindset until I see the 11-30 team which I don't believe will happen. Obviously they won't continue at this pace but I definitely see Miami competing in every game.

With Ibaka playing alongside Whiteside, it will be difficult for any opponent to score inside and we defend the 3 point line pretty well. Our guys have also shown on this streak that they can nail a boatload of three's, though they did chizzle off a little last game.

Nice avatar, man.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#10 » by bigmean » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:15 am

I think deal should be Elfrid Payton and expiring Ibaka contract for Goran Dragic
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#11 » by DoubleO8 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:32 am

digg211 wrote:

Thats a stretch dude
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:52 am

DoubleO8 wrote:
digg211 wrote:

Thats a stretch dude

Is it really? Who's gonna be able to score inside on those two? Miami also defends the 3 point line very well. Detroit won with a bunch of guys who weren't superstars who crushed a team with 2 top ten players in their prime. Cleveland is not invincible bro and Lebron is turning 33 this year.
RaptorRed
Rookie
And1: 472

Post#13 » by RaptorRed » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:39 pm

digg211 wrote:
DoubleO8 wrote:
digg211 wrote:

Thats a stretch dude

Is it really? Who's gonna be able to score inside on those two? Miami also defends the 3 point line very well. Detroit won with a bunch of guys who weren't superstars who crushed a team with 2 top ten players in their prime. Cleveland is not invincible bro and Lebron is turning 33 this year.

Lol you can't be serious ? You actually think adding ibaka makes them a contender ? And comparing the heat to the 04 pistons is laughable and a complete disrespect to that championship team
"We're like Tim Duncan and David Robinson," Villanueva said, following the team's morning shootaround at the America West Arena. "But a younger version. I really feel that."
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:10 pm

RaptorRed wrote:
digg211 wrote:
DoubleO8 wrote:

Thats a stretch dude

Lol you can't be serious ? You actually think adding ibaka makes them a contender ? And comparing the heat to the 04 pistons is laughable and a complete disrespect to that championship team

I'm not comparing Miami to them. That Pistons team didn't have superstars and won a title. And I said it would make them and Eastern conference contender. Sorry, that I am not intimated by Cleveland. Miami has played great team ball on both ends. Adding Ibaka would make them more lethal.
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#15 » by uraverage » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 pm

bigmean wrote:I think deal should be Elfrid Payton and expiring Ibaka contract for Goran Dragic

Wow this is terrible for the magic.

Maybe you forgot to add a first round pick or two from the heat
UTEP2STEP
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#16 » by UTEP2STEP » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 pm

uraverage wrote:
bigmean wrote:I think deal should be Elfrid Payton and expiring Ibaka contract for Goran Dragic

Heat wont trade any assets for Ibaka. i think they can just absorb his salary and help magic tank. Why would the heat trade for an average pg who cant shoot and an expiring? Makes no sense.
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#17 » by uraverage » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:17 pm

UTEP2STEP wrote:
uraverage wrote:

Heat wont trade any assets for Ibaka. i think they can just absorb his salary and help magic tank. Why would the heat trade for an average pg who cant shoot and an expiring? Makes no sense.

Speaking on making no sense....
Why would the magic trade for a pg on the wrong side of 30. Ibaka only gets moved for an asset. Good luck to miama on signing him in fa. Everyone watched how they treated wade and IMO it will take some time for that stink to wear off.
UTEP2STEP
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#18 » by UTEP2STEP » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 am

uraverage wrote:
UTEP2STEP wrote:
uraverage wrote:

Speaking on making no sense....
Why would the magic trade for a pg on the wrong side of 30. Ibaka only gets moved for an asset. Good luck to miama on signing him in fa. Everyone watched how they treated wade and IMO it will take some time for that stink to wear off.

Of course Magic won't trade for Goran. That's the opposite of tanking. Lol. Heat won't sign Ibaka next season either. They only want to absorb him for a playoff push after Bosh salary no longer counts to Heat's salary cap. As for the talk of how Heat treated DWade, who would the free agent choose between MIA and ORL? Exactly.

Return to Wiretap Discussion