Pacers Not Considering Any Offers For Paul George

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pacers Not Considering Any Offers For Paul George 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 am

The Indiana Pacers will not consider any trade discussions involving Paul George, according to multiple sources.

The Pacers also don't plan on moving Jeff Teague or Myles Turner as they want to see how this core builds chemistry. Larry Bird would like the Pacers to re-sign Teague in the offseason.

Indiana's best asset is their own first round pick.

Although George said Friday on ESPN radio that he wants to lead the Pacers to their first NBA championship, he also has made it clear he wants to see the supporting players that Bird surrounds him with before making a decision.

“As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team,” George said on the program. He later added: “Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship.”

Via Nate Taylor/Indianapolis Star

JGray
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Pacers Not Considering Any Offers For Paul George 

Post#2 » by JGray » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 am

I wish we would, he's overrated.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#3 » by 31to6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:33 am

JGray wrote:I wish we would, he's overrated.

This Celtic fan agrees with you about the overrated part. His young/hungry days done, he's settling in as a long-range jumpshooter.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#4 » by Donnyxc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:42 pm

31to6 wrote:
JGray wrote:I wish we would, he's overrated.

This Celtic fan agrees with you about the overrated part. His young/hungry days done, he's settling in as a long-range jumpshooter.

Also a Celtics fan, but I don't agree. He's 26 years old and still not far removed from that bone-crushing injury while playing for Team USA. He contributes defensively, averaging a 2nd career best PPG, makes an impact in rebounds/assists, all while shooting 45% FG and 90% from FT. Does a lot more than just jump shots.

I think he'd be a great fit on the Celtics. He'd fit in defensively, and does just about everything better than Crowder. I don't buy the young/hungry days are over. He hasn't single handedly elevated the Pacers to their previous Lebron duel days, but they're still a sure-playoff team. Would love if the Celtics got him, and parted with the pick(s). The Kings also said they were not considering offers for Cousins.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley

Return to Wiretap Discussion