Grizzlies Likely To Shut Down Chandler Parsons For Remainder Of Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Grizzlies Likely To Shut Down Chandler Parsons For Remainder Of Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 pm

The Memphis Grizzlies are considering shutting down Chandler Parsons for the remainder of the season.

Via Ronald Tillery/Memphis Commercial Appeal

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Re: Grizzlies Likely To Shut Down Chandler Parsons For Remainder Of Season 

Post#2 » by Johnny Firpo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Poor guy, he cannot catch a break. But at least this time it's not his twice-repaired right knee, him injuring that knee for a third time would probably have been a career ender.
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#3 » by LaRance » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Parsons is DONE!!! just waive him and be done with it smh
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#4 » by saltybs » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:02 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:Poor guy, he cannot catch a break. But at least this time it's not his twice-repaired right knee, him injuring that knee for a third time would probably have been a career ender.

Check out Glass is Half Full over here.
evenrane
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#5 » by evenrane » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 am

Johnny Firpo wrote:Poor guy, he cannot catch a break. But at least this time it's not his twice-repaired right knee, him injuring that knee for a third time would probably have been a career ender.

Lol, cant catch a break? I think he caught a 95 million dollar break. The freaking Grizzlies are the ones who cant catch a break.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#6 » by Valard » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:25 am

Parsons is hurt...

Water is wet.
Pedro
Senior
And1: 58

Post#7 » by Pedro » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:21 am

evenrane wrote:

Lol, cant catch a break? I think he caught a 95 million dollar break. The freaking Grizzlies are the ones who cant catch a break.

With all the injuries they've experienced in recent years with Allen, Conley, Gasol, Randolph and several others, it was a poor choice to sign another injury prone players. Its still a shame because Parsons is really good when healthy.
Wildcard
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#8 » by Wildcard » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:22 am

Shoulda never given that Chandler money.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#9 » by God Squad » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 am

Perfect example of nba scam artist. One good year in Houston. He should be outta the league imo.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#10 » by luss54321 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:38 am

God Squad wrote:Perfect example of nba scam artist. One good year in Houston. He should be outta the league imo.

It's not his fault Memphis over paid... what was he supposed to say? You know, 94 million sounds great, but I'm probably worth closer to 40 or 50 million.
IAMZOOTED
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#11 » by IAMZOOTED » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:37 am

God Squad wrote:Perfect example of nba scam artist. One good year in Houston. He should be outta the league imo.

Yeah, because if someone offered you millions of dollars you'd turn it down
dan-man wrote:These guys are EASILY the second best team in the NBA. Time to figure out how to keep all these awful Eastern Conference teams out of the playoffs.

^ After the Timberwolves signed Jamal Crawford.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:02 am

LaRance wrote:Parsons is DONE!!! just waive him and be done with it smh

Um... it's a torn meniscus. There is a good chance it will never bother him again. If Memphis thought they could win something this year he might be back by the playoffs. The fact that they are shutting him down tells me they are thinking about his long term health.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#13 » by Shem » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:11 am

Enjoy that $95 million!
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
DoubleO8
Rookie
And1: 308

Post#14 » by DoubleO8 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:32 am

This signing set the grizz back for sure.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#15 » by 12footrim » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 am

luss54321 wrote:

It's not his fault Memphis over paid... what was he supposed to say? You know, 94 million sounds great, but I'm probably worth closer to 4 or 5 million .

Fixed it for you
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#16 » by Sam195 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 am

DoubleO8 wrote:This signing set the grizz back for sure.

Grizzlies should have taken the hint when mavs didn't even attempt to resign him. Cuban and company had his recent medical records and clearly didn't think it was a safe bet to resign him on a max deal despite his young age. Mavs threw the exact same max deal Parsons got to Harrison Barnes - 4 years 95M and it looks like a bargain. Imagine if Grizzlies signed Barnes. I think Barnes would be even better on the Grizz and would benefit from that UNC connection/mentorship from Vince Carter who is still on the Grizzlies roster and would have been his backup on the bench.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#17 » by MitchB3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:30 am

Horrible signing, I've said that since day one when they signed him. However, I guess the Grizzles needed to sign him if they wanted to keep Mike Conley.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#18 » by MitchB3 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:32 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:

Um... it's a torn meniscus. There is a good chance it will never bother him again. If Memphis thought they could win something this year he might be back by the playoffs. The fact that they are shutting him down tells me they are thinking about his long term health.

He's right Parsons is DONE. This is going to be his 3rd straight year going for surgery, at some point those surgeries takes a toll on your body and it does effect you mentally, because you are now having to think about everything.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#19 » by Sam195 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 am

MitchB3 wrote:Horrible signing, I've said that since day one when they signed him. However, I guess the Grizzles needed to sign him if they wanted to keep Mike Conley.

Lol that is BS - only way Conley was going to leave is if Grizz refused to offer him the 5 year full max deal. His agent who coincidentally is also his father was apparently threatening the Grizz to pony up the extra contract year and higher raises or they were going to sign with another team like the mavs or knicks on a 2 year max deal like KD and than opt out and resign next summer on a 4 year deal under a higher salary cap to make up the difference. Grizz folded. The Parsons signing had more to do with the owner's promise to Marc Gasol the 2015 summer prior when he was reportedly the Spurs #1 free agent target ahead of Aldridge but never hit the market because he verbally committed to resigning after the meeting. Robert Pera reportedly told gasol he was committed to building a contender in Memphis and would spend regardless of payroll and luxury taxes to pursue top free agents like Durant but they settled on Parsons when KD chose GSW.
Sam195
Analyst

Post#20 » by Sam195 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 am

MitchB3 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

He's right Parsons is DONE. This is going to be his 3rd straight year going for surgery, at some point those surgeries takes a toll on your body and it does effect you mentally, because you are now having to think about everything.

His deal is worse than Amare Stoudemire's with the Knicks just on pure dollars 4 years 95M vs 5 years 100M. Amare had a pretty good first season in his deal especially before the melo trade. Parsons deal rivals the albatrosses of Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas both signed deals for longer term and guaranteed money than Parsons but made less than him on annual salary. Parsons makes more than the top players at his position like Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler and Gordon Hayward.

Return to Wiretap Discussion