Knicks Hope To Revisit Ricky Rubio Trade Talks With Wolves

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Hope To Revisit Ricky Rubio Trade Talks With Wolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 pm

The New York Knicks have interest in revisiting trade discussions with the Minnesota Timberwolves for Ricky Rubio.

The Knicks and Wolves discussed a Rubio trade at the deadline.

Rubio fits the mold of a two-way contributor that the Knicks are seeking.

Rubio had an excellent second half of the season after trade talks with the Knicks broke down.

Via Ian Begley/ESPN

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Knicks Hope To Revisit Ricky Rubio Trade Talks With Wolves 

Post#2 » by br7knicks » Tue May 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Knicks will give up 2 first rounders for him, and probably porzingis, just to sweeten the deal. Get it done phil, wouldn't be your worst move...
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Tue May 23, 2017 5:10 pm

I love how Phil is forcing the triangle doennthe Knicks throats while chasing a PnR PG who can't shoot or play off the ball. Pretty much the opposite of what he should be looking for.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
cdt3000
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#4 » by cdt3000 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:50 pm

The_Hater wrote:I love how Phil is forcing the triangle doennthe Knicks throats while chasing a PnR PG who can't shoot or play off the ball. Pretty much the opposite of what he should be looking for.

He does need a vet backup to replace PG Jennings for I would guess a package of guy like to backup more a bit better shooter Chasson Randle (+ NYK next years 1st round pick). This type of trade would help both teams since the Wolves Tyus Jones who spent the past 2 years learning behind Rubio is now ready to start now putting a guy Randle as backup pg. This trade would help the NYK will be deep at PG to help develop a rookie pg too to learn to compete in the NBA. :D
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#5 » by zappafrank » Tue May 23, 2017 8:22 pm

cdt3000 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:I love how Phil is forcing the triangle doennthe Knicks throats while chasing a PnR PG who can't shoot or play off the ball. Pretty much the opposite of what he should be looking for.

He does need a vet backup to replace PG Jennings for I would guess a package of guy like to backup more a bit better shooter Chasson Randle (+ NYK next years 1st round pick). This type of trade would help both teams since the Wolves Tyus Jones who spent the past 2 years learning behind Rubio is now ready to start now putting a guy Randle as backup pg. This trade would help the NYK will be deep at PG to help develop a rookie pg too to learn to compete in the NBA. :D

as long as Phil's in charge there will not be any outgoing future 1st rd draft picks included in any trades. players drafted in the 1st rd maybe but not picks. not until Phil leaves and IT comes back.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:38 pm

The scariest thing is that I'm being told by some folks on this Knicks board who keep wanting to defend Jackson that Jackson is NOT trying to win despite showing interest in guys like Rubio as well as the inclination in signing even more veterans to what likely will be large contracts.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:40 pm

zappafrank wrote:
cdt3000 wrote:

as long as Phil's in charge there will not be any outgoing future 1st rd draft picks included in any trades. players drafted in the 1st rd maybe but not picks. not until Phil leaves and IT comes back.

Someone did say Porzingis for Rubio didn't they?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#8 » by nedleeds » Wed May 24, 2017 12:27 am

Fake news. My source says Ian Begley has gout.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#9 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 am

Rubio would be excellent for KP, but it wouldn't be good for the tank. Of course until they can trade Anthony, that's a moot point anyway.
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#10 » by brannigan73 » Wed May 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Fake news. I'm sure the Kicks do want Rubio but what exactly do they have the Timberwolves are going to want? The only thing I can think of would be the 8th pick and the Knicks aren't going to trade that. I love a good nonsense story more then most but really. :noway:

Return to Wiretap Discussion