Shaedon Sharpe Nearing Return, Assigned To G League

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Shaedon Sharpe Nearing Return, Assigned To G League 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:10 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have had some miserable injury luck this season, especially at the guard/wing position. That may be turning around, as the season heads down the stretch.

Shaedon Sharpe, who has been out since mid-January after a core muscle injury, is nearing a return. Sharpe will join the Rip City Remix of the G League for some practices, as he ramps up his conditioning toward a return.

Sharpe has already missed 39 games this season, after missing only two in his rookie year. In his sophomore season, Sharpe has averaged 15.9 points, 5.0 rebounds and 2.9 assists in 33.1 minutes per game. The 6-foot-6 wing has also started in 25 of the 32 games he's played.

Via Sean Highkin/Rose Garden Report

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Shaedon Sharpe Nearing Return, Assigned To G League 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 pm

I like this kid, but his return will not have any impact on POR's tank job. The funny thing is, POR is building around a bunch of small guards again and none of them are good enough to build around. It's like they are planning to fail, but they want to fail in the same way that they failed last time or it won't count. It is unlikely that any of the players on the roster ever develop into all-nba candidates.

They can't start two, 6-3 guards, a 6-5 SF and a 6-7 PF and expect to win in the NBA. 10 years ago, maybe. This team is stacked with players who's ceilings are, 3rd best player on a good team. They need to trade them before they have to pay them. The one player I might keep out of the bunch is Sharpe, who I would hope could grow into a solid 3rd or 4th option. I would move him to SG, where he is average sized rather than his current SF spot where he is undersized almost every night. That means moving on from Simons or Scoot... I would prefer both!

Return to Wiretap Discussion