Nets Turned Down Trade Offer Of Jalen Green, First-Round Picks For Mikal Bridges

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nets Turned Down Trade Offer Of Jalen Green, First-Round Picks For Mikal Bridges 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:36 am

The Brooklyn Nets turned down a trade offer from the Houston Rockets at the deadline involving Jalen Green and multiple first-round picks for Mikal Bridges, said Shams Charania on Run It Back.

"Taking us back two months ago, the Rockets called the Nets on Mikal Bridges and I'm told they discussed a concept around Jalen Green and multiple first-round picks.

"That deal was not accepted by the Brooklyn Nets, that didn't progress anywhere," said Charania.

Green is averaging 29.3 points per game over the Rockets nine-game win streak.

The Rockets are 0.5 games behind the Warriors for the No. 10 seed in the Western Conference.

Via Run It Back/FanDuel TV

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Nets Turned Down Trade Offer Of Jalen Green, First-Round Picks For Mikal Bridges 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:43 am

I don't think Jalen Green would have flourished here in Brooklyn in the same way that he has post-ASB in Houston. Still, he has elite tools, and seems to be putting it all together. Our front office is derelict in their duties.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
nycefnl
Pro Prospect
And1: 125

Re: Nets Turned Down Trade Offer Of Jalen Green, First-Round Picks For Mikal Bridges 

Post#3 » by nycefnl » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Nets have the worse GM in the league by far. Unbelievable how he still has a job. Smh. It’s so bad I stopped watching the Nets and didn’t renew my subscription to the YES app
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#4 » by MitchB3 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:12 pm

nycefnl wrote:Nets have the worse GM in the league by far. Unbelievable how he still has a job. Smh. It’s so bad I stopped watching the Nets and didn’t renew my subscription to the YES app

The owner is also to blame as well. He's allowed the GM to do this. I would've fired him after the whole Steve Nash hiring, and that terrible trade he did to get Harden. Then he goes out and practically gives away KD to the Suns.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#5 » by hyberx » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:51 pm

Don't know about Green's game but it's a huge red flag when your rebuilding team is trading you, plus 1st rounder, after 3 seasons for someone like Mikal Bridges (3rd option on a good team and 2nd option on a bad team at best) instead of locking you up for long term. Sure he is scoring some the last few games, but Nets might have dodged one there.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#6 » by JKiddy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:17 am

hyberx wrote:Don't know about Green's game but it's a huge red flag when your rebuilding team is trading you, plus 1st rounder, after 3 seasons for someone like Mikal Bridges (3rd option on a good team and 2nd option on a bad team at best) instead of locking you up for long term. Sure he is scoring some the last few games, but Nets might have dodged one there.

I agree. Word out is that he is too much of a head case and locker room distraction. The Nets do not need anymore nonsense after a few bozos caused issues in the recent past!
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#7 » by haste10176 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:32 am

MitchB3 wrote:
nycefnl wrote:Nets have the worse GM in the league by far. Unbelievable how he still has a job. Smh. It’s so bad I stopped watching the Nets and didn’t renew my subscription to the YES app

The owner is also to blame as well. He's allowed the GM to do this. I would've fired him after the whole Steve Nash hiring, and that terrible trade he did to get Harden. Then he goes out and practically gives away KD to the Suns.

This is a terrible spot for the nets to say no however completely disagree on some other things.. Nash as a hire ok but KD wanted it.. Trading for Harden completely fine the nets were awesome when all 3 played injuries killed the team.. They did not give away KD at all they got multiple first rd picks and good role players so good they could of traded one of them for multiple first rd picks back and a guy who was drafted in the nba draft.. That meant they would of got 5 to 6 first rd picks for KD plus draft swaps if thats giving away ok..
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#8 » by Barcs » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:57 am

Nets must really be high on Bridges to keep him at age 27 on a rebuilding team, when they could have gotten a similar producing player who is 21 with high upside plus multiple firsts. It sounds like a no brainer. But I guess the Nets think Bridges is a guy you can build a team around?
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,369

Post#9 » by NoStatsGuy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:32 am

haste10176 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

This is a terrible spot for the nets to say no however completely disagree on some other things.. Nash as a hire ok but KD wanted it.. Trading for Harden completely fine the nets were awesome when all 3 played injuries killed the team.. They did not give away KD at all they got multiple first rd picks and good role players so good they could of traded one of them for multiple first rd picks back and a guy who was drafted in the nba draft.. That meant they would of got 5 to 6 first rd picks for KD plus draft swaps if thats giving away ok..

also i would like to add. Mikal Bridges' value around the league, at the time KD was traded, was higher than it is now. everybody expected bridges to breakout and reach higher tiers among the players. but it really looks like hes "just" a 3rd option on a contending team.

that deal was anything but "giving KD away"
im bout dat action boss
MitchB3
Starter

Post#10 » by MitchB3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:17 pm

haste10176 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

If that's your reasoning to help you sleep at night, then whatever helps you sleep at night.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#11 » by haste10176 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:52 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
haste10176 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

If that's your reasoning to help you sleep at night, then whatever helps you sleep at night.

Correction for KD they got 4 first rd picks and draft swap and cam thomas, Bridges who they could trade for multiple firsts and Jalen Green a number 3 pick in a previous draft and Jae Crowder who they got a couple of second rd picks for.. Once again not sure how this was not a good deal for KD.. Not sure how this is giving a player away..
MitchB3
Starter

Post#12 » by MitchB3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:26 pm

haste10176 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
haste10176 wrote:

Correction for KD they got 4 first rd picks and draft swap and cam thomas, Bridges who they could trade for multiple firsts and Jalen Green a number 3 pick in a previous draft and Jae Crowder who they got a couple of second rd picks for.. Once again not sure how this was not a good deal for KD.. Not sure how this is giving a player away..

Return to Wiretap Discussion