Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Dealing With Quad Injury

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Dealing With Quad Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:10 pm

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is playing through a quad injury. Gilgeous-Alexander said he was injured a week ago in a game against the Utah Jazz.

"Yeah, little banged up in my quad. Happened in the Utah game," Gilgeous-Alexander said about the injury when asked about it after the Thunder's victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday.

Oklahoma City head coach Mark Daigneault deferred to his star guard, but didn't seem too concerned about the injury.

"He’s banged up, for sure. He’s not 100%. We’re monitoring it, but he’s certainly not a hundred percent. I’ll let him speak on it," Daigneault said about Gilgeous-Alexander.

The Thunder coach later added that the injury was "not to the point of not playing obviously, he was out there tonight." With Oklahoma City in a fight for the top seed in the Western Conference, it's worth watching to see if Gilgeous-Alexander misses any games to let his quad heal.

Via Ross Lovelace/SI.com

Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,855

Re: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Dealing With Quad Injury 

Post#2 » by Exp0sed » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:17 pm

better to miss a couple of games and let him heal
they might win without him anyway, or lose the seeding race eventually even with him..not to mention seeding might actually be better at #2 than #1 for them. shouldn't take chances so close to the playoffs with a muscle injury
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,404

Post#3 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:57 pm

I was wondering what was up with him. I saw him live in Toronto last week, and thought he looked the slowest I've ever seen him. He's been mostly struggling over the past 5 games, averaging only 22ppg on 54%ts (down from 30ppg on 63%ts) and not having the burst to get to the line. In the Raptors game, he couldn't get by anyone, and relied almost exclusively on going to his middy pull-up.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,404

Post#4 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Exp0sed wrote:better to miss a couple of games and let him heal
they might win without him anyway, or lose the seeding race eventually even with him..not to mention seeding might actually be better at #2 than #1 for them. shouldn't take chances so close to the playoffs with a muscle injury

OKC has a really tough 5 game stretch coming up (Houston tonight on a b2b, Suns, and then a road trip against Knicks, Sixers, Celtics) before their schedule lets up. The next 5 games will likely control whether they end up 1, 2, or 3.

But I think if Shai needs rest, they can still be pretty competitive without him. Jalen Williams can handle the primary role, while Giddey and Chet can do a little more. Having Shai as explosive as possible for the 1st round should be the main priority.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:32 pm

Exp0sed wrote:better to miss a couple of games and let him heal

They do need the 1 or 2 seed. They're inexperienced when it comes to the playoffs. Unlike, the Nuggets, Clippers, Kings, TWolves, Mavs etc. I would put him on a 25-minute restriction, once I lock up the 1 or 2 seed, I'll look to rest him.
Benny12
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Benny12 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:48 pm

CoreChair's armless ergonomic chair is a game-changer for anyone seeking a more comfortable and supportive seating solution. The ergonomic design and adjustable features ensure a customized fit for optimal comfort and support. Plus, the absence of arms allows for greater flexibility and movement while working. I'm thrilled with my purchase and highly recommend CoreChair to anyone in need of a quality ergonomic chair.

Return to Wiretap Discussion