Grayson Allen Not Thinking About His Next Contract Yet

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Grayson Allen Not Thinking About His Next Contract Yet 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:07 pm

Grayson Allen is having a career year with the Phoenix Suns. Allen has averaged career-highs in points, rebounds and assists, while leading the NBA in three-point shooting at 47.9% and closing in on a potential 50/40/90 season.

Allen's done all of this in a contract year. He's aware he'll soon be eligible to sign an extension with the Suns, but Allen isn't focused on his next deal at the moment.

"I haven’t been thinking about it or playing for the contract or anything, but I feel really blessed to be in a position where I’m on a team I fit perfectly on in an important year for me career wise," Allen said. "Very blessed to be playing this well and given the opportunity I’ve been given to help the team out as much as I have."

When pressed on what he could sign for, Allen reiterated that signing an extension or new deal isn't top of mind for him now.

"I try not to think about it too much," said Allen about his specific contract numbers. "One, because it’s not a done deal until it’s signed. You don’t want to count it, start counting stuff too early before it happens. Another part of is it’s March and we’ve got 11, 10 games left. We’re getting at a time where you don’t want to have stuff like that on your mind cause it’s an individual goal for me and right now, it’s the Suns and team stuff. I don’t want to think about that kind of stuff too much."

Via Duane Rankin/AZ Central

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Re: Grayson Allen Not Thinking About His Next Contract Yet 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:35 pm

Of course he is. PHX will not pay him market value, and they don't look likely to be contenders in the near future. PHX will not win enough or pay him enough to keep him in PHX... so he's thinking about his options.
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,160

Post#3 » by spanishninja » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:39 pm

he gonnnnnnne
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#4 » by Cassius » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 am

The basketball gods have gone very deep into their bag to for this chapter of their eternal punishment of KD for going to the Warriors. Grayson Allen, making 1/5 of what Bradley Beal is earning, has provided 90% of what Beal does offensively, has played 50% more games, and is on a different planet defensively.

Phoenix would have been better off trading CP3 directly to Golden State for Jordan Poole, allowing them to keep Shamet, the rest of their draft picks and room under the second apron.

Womp womp. Toe on the line.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion