Bucks Have +16 Net Rating With Middleton, Giannis, Lillard, Lopez On Floor Together

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bucks Have +16 Net Rating With Middleton, Giannis, Lillard, Lopez On Floor Together 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:39 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks have had several stops and starts this season as they incorporate Damian Lillard into their core. One element of the integration that has been challenging has been the health of Khris Middleton. 

When the Bucks have Lillard, Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez on the floor together, they are outscoring opponents by 16 points per 100 possessions.

Middleton typically operates as a second side option, but they are also beginning to combine him with Lillard and Antetokounmpo in the same actions.

The Bucks are 13-8 in their past 21 games and are tied for 11th in offense and sixth in defense during that stretch. 

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,577

Re: Bucks Have +16 Net Rating With Middleton, Giannis, Lillard, Lopez On Floor Together 

Post#2 » by bluerap23 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:10 pm

6th in Defence over the last 21 games is a good sign, but something still feels broken with this team.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,708

Re: Bucks Have +16 Net Rating With Middleton, Giannis, Lillard, Lopez On Floor Together 

Post#3 » by scrabbarista » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 pm

Wish the article gave the sample size in minutes.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 604

Post#4 » by Chessboxer » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 pm

bluerap23 wrote:6th in Defence over the last 21 games is a good sign, but something still feels broken with this team.

Agreed something just feels off. There is no consistency in effort, lineups, roles etc. I might take them another season including this playoff run to get the chemistry right.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#5 » by haste10176 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:11 am

Chessboxer wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:6th in Defence over the last 21 games is a good sign, but something still feels broken with this team.

Agreed something just feels off. There is no consistency in effort, lineups, roles etc. I might take them another season including this playoff run to get the chemistry right.

Well Middleton is not as good Lillard is not as good as he used to be and your running beasley as a starter a very streaky average shooter and asking him to defend the opposition best gaurd.. You have to hope middleton and lillard somehow revert to years past form which frankly is not happening.. They are not going anywhere..
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,336

Post#6 » by SpreeS » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:42 am

When Curry/Wiggs/Green/Kumunga on the floor they have +14.5 nrtg, but it won’t help so whats the point?
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#7 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:39 pm

Chessboxer wrote:

With the new coaching staff they've been trying to work on their weaknesses. Half-court sets. They've played at a slower pace and it's resulted in a mixed bag. Overall, it's an older, veteran team that's struggling to maintain consistency. And, yes, Dame, Middleton and Lopez are older and not quite as good as they once were.

Their top two lineups with Dame/Beasley/Giannis/Lopez with either Middleton or even Crowder (second most used) are both super-elite but their bench has been largely a disaster.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS

Return to Wiretap Discussion