Warriors Expected To Evaluate Trade Options On Andrew Wiggins

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Expected To Evaluate Trade Options On Andrew Wiggins 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm

The Golden State Warriors are expected to evaluate their trade options on Andrew Wiggins this offseason, sources tell Logan Murdock of The Ringer. 

The Warriors signed Wiggins to a four-year, $109 million extension in 2022, but he hasn't regained the form that arguably made him their second most important player when they won the title that year.

Wiggins missed time tending to a personal matter in each of the past two seasons. 

Wiggins has also been made somewhat redundant due to the emergence of Jonathan Kuminga. 

Via Logan Murdock/The Ringer

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Re: Warriors Expected To Evaluate Trade Options On Andrew Wiggins 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 am

I'm done evaluating... it will cost them a pick and/or a prospect to make it happen. They don't have an abundance of either.

Or maybe trade him for a player on a worse contract. How about Wiggins and Draymond for LaVine... or Ben Simmons and maybe a pick? At least Simmons expires after next season.

And before anyone gets uppity... no, I don't think any of the players mentioned would be seen as having positive trade value around the NBA.
beefymajesto
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#3 » by beefymajesto » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:I'm done evaluating... it will cost them a pick and/or a prospect to make it happen. They don't have an abundance of either.

Or maybe trade him for a player on a worse contract. How about Wiggins and Draymond for LaVine... or Ben Simmons and maybe a pick? At least Simmons expires after next season.

And before anyone gets uppity... no, I don't think any of the players mentioned would be seen as having positive trade value around the NBA.

Wiggins and draymond for Simmons sounds like a great deal to me. If Simmons plays next year that is and is anywhere near his former self.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#4 » by haste10176 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am

beefymajesto wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I'm done evaluating... it will cost them a pick and/or a prospect to make it happen. They don't have an abundance of either.

Wiggins and draymond for Simmons sounds like a great deal to me. If Simmons plays next year that is and is anywhere near his former self.

1. You cant count on simmons to return to form after 2 back surgeries 2. If he did then he would be worth way more money the next season that the warriors just couldnt pay anyway... 3. The lavine trade would not happen lavine is a negative sure but take on draymond and wiggins contract hell no..
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,646

Post#5 » by Psubs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm

With Podz, it's best to bundle Moody with Wiggins to move him like Poole.

Moody, Wiggins and cash to Toronto for Ochai Agbaji, Chris Boucher and Jalen McDaniels

Ochai is still on his rookie contract and is a decent defender and can only hit the corner 3. Boucher adds a PF that can get blocks and hit the occasional 3; he might be retained after this year for less than the MLE. McDaniels is expiring end of bench that shouldn't play over Gui Santos.

GS should use the MLE, BAE and Vet Mins to fill the rest of the roster.

PG Curry - GPII
SG Podz - Agbaji
SF Kuminga - Santos - McDaniels
PF Draymond - Boucher
C TJD - Looney
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,217

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:15 pm

haste10176 wrote:
beefymajesto wrote:

1. You cant count on simmons to return to form after 2 back surgeries 2. If he did then he would be worth way more money the next season that the warriors just couldnt pay anyway... 3. The lavine trade would not happen lavine is a negative sure but take on draymond and wiggins contract hell no..

Who's counting on Simmons? That deal would be purely to get out of the Wiggins deal and remove the Draymond pain in their side. It would also save GSW $10m next season (not including tax) and $122m over the life of the contracts. They could also stretch Simmons over three seasons, thus reducing their payroll by about $37m next season, still saving $122m in total payroll but much more in tax. I think BRK might be the one saying no to that deal.

LaVine is sitting at home right now, but CHI was better without LaVine than with him. Do you really believe CHI is better with LaVine than with Wiggins and Draymond? I mean, both can be disappointing... but so is LaVine. A change of scenery might help everyone involved. That deal would save GSW over $7m next season and $24m lifetime +tax. LaVine might actually play better in a culture where he understands that he's the #2 and is getting much less attention from the D... at which point they can move him again. I think CHI would do that in a heartbeat.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 744

Post#7 » by Charlesareed » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 pm

Zach lavine for Wiggins & moody(gp2)
Chicago Raised me

Return to Wiretap Discussion