Heat In Position To Acquire All-Star On Same Timeline As Bam Adebayo

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Heat In Position To Acquire All-Star On Same Timeline As Bam Adebayo 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:41 pm

The Miami Heat are believed to be in a position to use their asset pool and how appealing they are to All-Stars across the league to acquire one in the near future.

"Miami is always in great position because, especially if it's players with not a lot left on their contract," said Adrian Wojnarowski before Miami's loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 1. "One year or two years. And they tell their team, 'I want a trade to the Heat, and if you don't send me to the Heat, I'm going to become a free agent and go somewhere else. Don't trade me to that team or that team.'

"Teams can still decide to send you where they want to send you, but it's always an advantage for Miami. Players want to be part of that organization. So I think Miami will be in a position again to use the assets they have to get another All-Star level player that maybe connects more on the timeline of Bam Adebayo and his age."

While Wojnarowski didn't specifically mention any names, one player who appears to fit the description is Donovan Mitchell. Mitchell can become a free agent in 2025 and there has been speculation he could seek a trade from the Cleveland Cavaliers this offseason given his potential reluctance to sign long-term. Mitchell has also been linked with the New York Knicks and Brooklyn Nets.

Last offseason, the Heat had interest in acquiring Damian Lillard from the Portland Trail Blazers, but no deal ever materialized before he was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,808

Re: Heat In Position To Acquire All-Star On Same Timeline As Bam Adebayo 

Post#2 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:46 pm

Miami is slipping, no longer appealing. It already didn't work with Lillard
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:58 pm

I would think if Mitchell is interested in leaving he'd choose the Knicks considering he's from the NY area and there's a young point guard he can play alongside.
strokerace
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,176

Post#4 » by strokerace » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 am

Players want to be in Miami because of the taxes, weather, and overall lifestyle not because of the Heat organization. Be real.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,764

Post#5 » by the_process » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 am

The Knicks can certainly outbid Miami for Mitchell should he come available, and I assume Mitchell would be fine with either place.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#6 » by niha17 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:35 am

Miami dont have players anymore
jmbish87
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#7 » by jmbish87 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:41 am

strokerace wrote:Players want to be in Miami because of the taxes, weather, and overall lifestyle not because of the Heat organization. Be real.

and players aren't asking to go to Miami. Miami is going to teams constantly trying to trade for stars. That's been the real Heat culture - find them and get them here, sell them on the views and keep them or get the 1-2 years of worth out of them before they rinse and repeat. Save money by finding role players on the cheap (read: undrafted and keen for any shot at the league)
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,178

Post#8 » by Darthlukey » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 am

jmbish87 wrote:
strokerace wrote:Players want to be in Miami because of the taxes, weather, and overall lifestyle not because of the Heat organization. Be real.

and players aren't asking to go to Miami. Miami is going to teams constantly trying to trade for stars. That's been the real Heat culture - find them and get them here, sell them on the views and keep them or get the 1-2 years of worth out of them before they rinse and repeat. Save money by finding role players on the cheap (read: undrafted and keen for any shot at the league)

Miami is a destination team, any player that likes to win and wants a good structure should want to go there. Where I draw the line is that they allegedly consistently come up as a trade destination for amazing players but have nil valuable assets to trade (herro is not a net positive in trade value until he is an expiring)

Return to Wiretap Discussion