NBA, Amazon Has Framework Deal For Broadcast Rights

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBA, Amazon Has Framework Deal For Broadcast Rights 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 pm

The NBA and Amazon Prime Video have the framework of a deal to make the streaming service 

Prime Video’s package will include significant regular season and postseason games, perhaps even some conference finals. 

The deal will begin in 25-26 and last for at least a decade.

Via Andrew Marchand/The Athletic

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 716

Re: NBA, Amazon Has Framework Deal For Broadcast Rights 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 pm

Good job, Skeletor! The league has more integrity than ever.

NOT..
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 208

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am

ESPN has the worst coverage and the way Disney cuts back their on air talent every quarter the coverage is only going to get worse. Amazon will be exactly the same especially considering the NBA has been inflating its viewership numbers for years.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 658

Post#4 » by FeatheryTouch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:14 am

Barcs wrote:Good job, Skeletor! The league has more integrity than ever.

NOT..

I'm not sure how "integrity" is a factor in TV rights deals, what is your specific beef with Skeletor and the league here?

(I just hope TNT holds on to a slice of the pie, their studio product is much better than ESPN's. Or maybe Amazon just hires the TNT crew...)
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#5 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

Living in a Material World. If the NBA does more streaming and less Broadcasting viewership will fall off the cliff people already can't afford to buy a 4k car let alone pay for streaming services.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 479

Post#6 » by Ssj16 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:05 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:

NOT..

I'm not sure how "integrity" is a factor in TV rights deals, what is your specific beef with Skeletor and the league here?

(I just hope TNT holds on to a slice of the pie, their studio product is much better than ESPN's. Or maybe Amazon just hires the TNT crew...)

Agreed with everything you said here.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#7 » by Barcs » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:

NOT..

The league is a joke. They let players harm and bully other players on the court and let them get away with intentionally injuring another player in the playoffs. No integrity. Skeletor cares more about money than player health or integrity of the game. It's a joke.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,085

Post#8 » by G R E Y » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 pm

So those with Amazon Prime will be able to watch various games on the platform?
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
miamiheat319
Veteran
And1: 6,983

Post#9 » by miamiheat319 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:20 pm

Gross. Prime sucks. So does espn. just keep games on tnt/max.
NBA Jersey connoisseur
https://youtu.be/k-PaOWxvnz0
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 658

Post#10 » by FeatheryTouch » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm

Barcs wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:

NOT..

The league is a joke. They let players harm and bully other players on the court and let them get away with intentionally injuring another player in the playoffs. No integrity. Skeletor cares more about money than player health or integrity of the game. It's a joke.

So this is because Embiid tried to grab Robinson's leg in a game the other day? C'mon now. It may have been a shady play but it has zero connection to the topic being discussed. You seem to be confused and are posting in the wrong thread. This is an article is about TV rights deals that have been in negotiations for a long time and has absolutely nothing to do with "bullying"(really?) or a single isolated(albeit controversial) play in a game the other day. I'm not following your logic here.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#11 » by dubbmotta » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:43 am

Barcs wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:

NOT..

What are you like 13? This is the softest and safest the league has ever been. Go to YouTube and look at highlights from the 70s-late 90s
Barcs
Veteran

Post#12 » by Barcs » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:
Barcs wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:

So this is because Embiid tried to grab Robinson's leg in a game the other day? C'mon now. It may have been a shady play but it has zero connection to the topic being discussed. You seem to be confused and are posting in the wrong thread. This is an article is about TV rights deals that have been in negotiations for a long time and has absolutely nothing to do with "bullying"(really?) or a single isolated(albeit controversial) play in a game the other day. I'm not following your logic here.

I don't give a ****. This was the first post about Skeletor, so I brought it up, since RealGm didn't think the topic mattered enough to make an article and people are largely pretending it didn't happen. **** the TV rights deal, I couldn't give a **** less. The league is a joke and I'm going to keep saying it because it's true.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#13 » by Barcs » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 pm

dubbmotta wrote:
Barcs wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:

What are you like 13? This is the softest and safest the league has ever been. Go to YouTube and look at highlights from the 70s-late 90s

Yet we have more injuries than ever before. :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion