Darvin Ham's Future As Lakers Head Coach In 'Serious Peril'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Darvin Ham's Future As Lakers Head Coach In 'Serious Peril' 

Post#21 » by Dewey » Wed May 1, 2024 12:31 am

Beethoven wrote:Becky Hammon come to the Lakers.... come..

Ya … No. that’s NOT a solution
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#22 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed May 1, 2024 12:33 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:
He doesn't want that smoke.

For his son he will do it.

But who will they fire when they fail to make the play-in?

If Lebron took on the role of player coach. He basically could not be fired unless he also agreed he doesn't want to do both at the same time.

If they fired him as a coach and he still is a player on the team it would be super awkward. In today's age I think there is a reason there has not been a player coach recently.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
beefymajesto
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#23 » by beefymajesto » Wed May 1, 2024 1:24 pm

Cookin Baskets wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:
For his son he will do it.

But who will they fire when they fail to make the play-in?

If Lebron took on the role of player coach. He basically could not be fired unless he also agreed he doesn't want to do both at the same time.

If they fired him as a coach and he still is a player on the team it would be super awkward. In today's age I think there is a reason there has not been a player coach recently.

Pretty sure it was a joke Archimedes.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#24 » by alienpick » Wed May 1, 2024 1:45 pm

offtherimhoops wrote:This was inevitable seeing some of the body language from the Lakers during the series. That being said, they are going to need to do more than just fire Ham. They need some roster upgrades for everyone who isn't Lebron, AD or Reaves.

AD needs to go. The juice isn't worth the squeeze with him, and you can get a package of pretty good players with trading him.
offtherimhoops
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#26 » by offtherimhoops » Thu May 2, 2024 12:25 am

alienpick wrote:
offtherimhoops wrote:This was inevitable seeing some of the body language from the Lakers during the series. That being said, they are going to need to do more than just fire Ham. They need some roster upgrades for everyone who isn't Lebron, AD or Reaves.

AD needs to go. The juice isn't worth the squeeze with him, and you can get a package of pretty good players with trading him.

I don't disagree - I don't think he is the right pair for Lebron at this point in his career. Lebron still needs to be the #1 most nights with Davis rather than he be the 1 and Lebron the 2. I just don't think Lakers will have the guts to do that.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#27 » by Cookin Baskets » Sat May 4, 2024 3:11 am

beefymajesto wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:But who will they fire when they fail to make the play-in?

Either way I felt the need to break it down. :dontknow:
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#28 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat May 4, 2024 3:26 am

Cookin Baskets wrote:
beefymajesto wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:

Either way I felt the need to break it down. :dontknow:

It would be awkward having him as player coach either way. He already blames his teammates for his mistakes. Now he'd have a film crew breaking down his teammates mistakes but ignoring his own. He'd lose the locker room before training camp was over.

But yes, he could be fired from the coaching position and be retained as a player under contract.

Return to Wiretap Discussion