Paul George Hasn't Begun Considering Free Agent Decision

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Paul George Hasn't Begun Considering Free Agent Decision 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 5, 2024 12:14 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs on Friday and enter an uncertain offseason with Paul George and James Harden becoming free agents. While Kawhi Leonard has already signed an extension with the Clippers, he was unavailable or the majority of the series, leaving the team in a diminished state.

George was asked whether he sees himself with the Clippers long-term alongside Leonard and Harden.

"Yeah," George said. "If it works that way, absolutely."

George is expected to be the most coveted free agent on the open market.

"I'm not even focused on that yet," George said. "I got a lot to kind of digest myself, so I haven't even got to that yet. Look forward to kind of going back, just letting everything kind of decompress, talk to my family, be around family support and then address the next step. ... Yeah, it's just not where I'm there. I'm not there yet."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

stepic
Junior
And1: 392

Re: Paul George Hasn't Begun Considering Free Agent Decision 

Post#2 » by stepic » Sun May 5, 2024 1:17 pm

He’d be better off in Phili. He’s never getting out of the West, not with perpetually injured Kawhi and an ageing Harden.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 148

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:10 pm

stepic wrote:He’d be better off in Phili. He’s never getting out of the West, not with perpetually injured Kawhi and an ageing Harden.

He's not making out the east either if he goes to Philadelphia.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,673

Post#4 » by hype_2004 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:01 pm

These LA boys not leaving their hometown unless they get really lowballed by Ballmer.
pushfloater
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#5 » by pushfloater » Sun May 5, 2024 4:03 pm

hype_2004 wrote:These LA boys not leaving their hometown unless they get really lowballed by Ballmer.

Agreed.
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#6 » by xchange55 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:05 pm

hype_2004 wrote:These LA boys not leaving their hometown unless they get really lowballed by Ballmer.

Yep - the fans think all these players care about his getting on the best team to win a title. In reality, they are just people like you and me. They have families and kids and homes. If they've got kids in school they're not going to want to just separate them from their friends. If they've got family in the area, it was probably a big draw to bring them to that town in the first place, they wouldn't want to leave it then.

The rumor with PG13 though is the Clippers didn't offer him a max deal on the extension which is why he hasn't resigned yet. So who knows what his top priorty is - money or staying home. Also we'll never know if the Clips gave him a below market offer - it's a way of say we want you to stay but not that much. I mean the dude has missed a lot of games as a Clip.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,653

Post#7 » by brackdan70 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:54 pm

I’ll call BS on that.
Sign here
hype_2004
RealGM

Post#8 » by hype_2004 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:41 am

xchange55 wrote:

Yep - the fans think all these players care about his getting on the best team to win a title. In reality, they are just people like you and me. They have families and kids and homes. If they've got kids in school they're not going to want to just separate them from their friends. If they've got family in the area, it was probably a big draw to bring them to that town in the first place, they wouldn't want to leave it then.

The rumor with PG13 though is the Clippers didn't offer him a max deal on the extension which is why he hasn't resigned yet. So who knows what his top priorty is - money or staying home. Also we'll never know if the Clips gave him a below market offer - it's a way of say we want you to stay but not that much. I mean the dude has missed a lot of games as a Clip.

The city of LA is much bigger than these spoiled goofballs, if I were as scummy as he is I'll lowball all these guys and call their bluff.
hype_2004
RealGM

Post#9 » by hype_2004 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:42 am

xchange55 wrote:

Take it or leave it, Ballmer has these guys by the balls, you want to live and play in LA and eventually retire here you got to play by my rules :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion