Lakers Interested In Micah Nori, David Adelman, Sean Sweeney, Chris Quinn For Head Coach Role

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Lakers Interested In Micah Nori, David Adelman, Sean Sweeney, Chris Quinn For Head Coach Role 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 11, 2024 6:31 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers have interest in assistants Micah Nori, David Adelman, Sean Sweeney, and Chris Quinn as possible candidates to fill their vacant head coach position, reported Jovan Buha on Buha's Block.

Buha adds that the Lakers are not in the stage of interviewing candidates, but they do plan to name a coach by the NBA Draft on June 26.

The organization met earlier this week to establish the criteria for the next head coach.

JJ Redick and Kenny Atkinson remain candidates for the open position.

Ty Lue would be the Lakers' top choice should be become available, though it appears unlikely at this point.

Via Jovan Buha/Buha's Block

Rek
Senior
And1: 139

Re: Lakers Interested In Micah Nori, David Adelman, Sean Sweeney, Chris Quinn For Head Coach Role 

Post#2 » by Rek » Sat May 11, 2024 7:44 pm

Adelman please
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Re: Lakers Interested In Micah Nori, David Adelman, Sean Sweeney, Chris Quinn For Head Coach Role 

Post#3 » by Salty1 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:38 am

Rek wrote:Adelman please

Why?
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#4 » by niha17 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:08 am

the mighty lakers have fallen
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#5 » by tigerae » Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 am

Wow. When I think Pelinka can't possibly surprise me anymore he goes right ahead and does even moronic things. Coach Budenholzer was right there for the taking before the Suns even fired Vogel and they didn't even bother.

Now they are looking to hire more inexperienced coaches because Walton and Ham wasn't enough to show them they have no business coaching if they want to try to contend. But at the same time, the roster moves he has made shows they have no intention of really contending anyway.

The Buss kids have really messed up the Lakers Organization with extremely questionable moves over the years. The streak seems to continue this off-season.
Rek
Senior
And1: 139

Post#6 » by Rek » Sun May 12, 2024 4:21 am

Salty1 wrote:
Rek wrote:Adelman please

Why?

Because the Lakers FO doesn't have enough self-awareness to understand that they should never have been in the market to sign Ham to begin with.

Since the obvious big names are off the table, Rob and Jeanie will almost certainly go with another up-and-comer: translated - zero head coaching experience: If I had to guess, they'll end up hiring Redick. But, given the list of names and teams and cultures each coach has learned from, I would take my chances with Adelman coming out of Denver's system.

My actual choice is to rehire Vogel which isn't happening.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,224

Post#7 » by Zeno » Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 pm

Usually teams like the Lakers that aren’t rebuilding have a successor lined up before they fire their coach because they want to be secure in getting what they believe to be an upgrade. Lakers seem to believe anyone would be better than Ham to just fire him and then have an extensive search of first timers.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,351

Post#8 » by rocketsfan100 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:53 am

Chris Quinn is very highly rated. Been learning under spo and tutelage of Riley.

Return to Wiretap Discussion