Miguel Rojas Calls Out Jazz Chisholm Over Explosive Critique

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Miguel Rojas Calls Out Jazz Chisholm Over Explosive Critique 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Miguel Rojas was bothered by recent comments from former teammate Jazz Chisholm, saying \"you don\'t even know me,\" and implying that the Miami Marlins star should \"respect everybody\" in the clubhouse.

Rojas and Chisholm were teammates on the Marlins for parts of three seasons from 2020 to 2022, which were Chisholm\'s first three years in the Major Leagues.

During an appearance on \"The Pivot\" podcast, Chisholm referred to that period as the \"worst three years of probably my life\" and took multiple shots at an unidentified team \"captain,\" an apparent reference to Rojas, who was the Marlins\' de facto captain at the time.

\"You can\'t be a team leader when you\'ve got guys that\'s been in the clubhouse that\'s been in there nine or 10 years even though they suck,\" Chisholm said. \"They\'ve been there for nine or 10 years and the team calls them the team captain. But they\'re not a good captain, they\'re not a good person, you\'re not even a good athlete at this point. You\'re just here and you\'re bringing down the young guys that are supposed to be good.\"

Rojas spent parts of eight seasons with the Marlins before being traded last year to the Los Angeles Dodgers. The veteran infielder said Tuesday that Chisholm is \"entitled\" to his opinion of his playing abilities but bristled at the apparent attack on his character.

\"Whatever you want to say about me as a player, you can have that opinion,\" Rojas said. \"But you saying that I\'m a bad person when you don\'t even know me, that\'s kind of what bothers me.\"

Via ESPN

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 775

Re: Miguel Rojas Calls Out Jazz Chisholm Over Explosive Critique 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am

Miguel Rojas last 3 seasons with Miami: 6.5 WAR
Chisolm Jr. first 4 seasons with Miami: 6.0 WAR

If Rojas sucks, how about you Jazz?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion