Tom Brady Pays Practice Players Who Intercept His Passes

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tom Brady Pays Practice Players Who Intercept His Passes 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 7, 2015 6:18 pm

Ryan Tannehill lashed out to practice squad players who had intercepted him, which differs dramatically to the practices of Tom Brady.

Brady reportedly pays practice squad players if they pick him off.

"I won't say how much he paid them, but he'd pay scout team and practice squad guys if they picked him off," Donte Stallworth said. "Not in an arrogant manner, but more, 'let's work together.' He'd tell them, if you can read me, read the receiver, pick me off and I'll pay you.

"Tommy likes to have fun. He's a great teammate and he loves to compete. He's trash talking guys, they trash talk him. But it's all fun. He's insanely competitive."

Via Shalise Manza Young/Yahoo! Sports

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,515

Re: Tom Brady Pays Practice Players Who Intercept His Passes 

Post#2 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Oct 8, 2015 12:44 pm

Yeah, but Tannehill never said anything about "practice squad paychecks". I'm not sure why this is such a big story...He never said that and the entire team can back that. The only time Miami is even brought up in the national media is when things like this happen and it's getting old at this point. They could reel off ten wins in a row and nobody would say a thing about them.
greggschapiro
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#3 » by greggschapiro » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:47 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote: They could reel off ten wins in a row and nobody would say a thing about them.

There is no way to prove that because it doesn't happen.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Post#4 » by CanesHeatFins » Fri Oct 9, 2015 8:47 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Yeah, but Tannehill never said anything about "practice squad paychecks". I'm not sure why this is such a big story...He never said that and the entire team can back that. The only time Miami is even brought up in the national media is when things like this happen and it's getting old at this point. They could reel off ten wins in a row and nobody would say a thing about them.

This storyline didn't just morph out of thin air because of some supposed media vendetta against Miami. Besides Tannehill has already admitted that the altercation took place. Though Tannehill did conveniently choose the least troublesome comment to confirm (practice squad trophy).

You're kinda missing the point. Tannehill saw fit to remind practice squad players, who were interecepting his passes, how worthless their practice heroic efforts meant and Tom Brady literally paid guys to intercept his passes. One guy behaved as an entitled snob, and the other behaved as a leader encouraging competition.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion