Gruden Disputes Notion He's Treating Cousins Differently Than Griffin

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gruden Disputes Notion He's Treating Cousins Differently Than Griffin 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 pm

Jay Gruden disputes the notion he's treated Kirk Cousins differently than he did in the past with Robert Griffin III.

Gruden was heavily critical of Griffin in a memorable November 2014 press conference.

Cousins has struggled to begin the 2016 season.

“There was the one issue; that was it,” Gruden told Albert Breer of his criticism of Griffin, referring to the press conference in which he said Griffin’s performance against Tampa Bay was “not even close to good enough” to what the team expected. “Some people acted like I constantly trashed him. I don’t think I’m treating anyone differently. I learned a lot from that one press conference, and I took responsibility for it. Should’ve kept it in-house. But I’m never trying to put a lot of blame on one person. If things aren’t right, it’s usually because of more than that. And right now, we have a lot to clean up.”

Via Scott Allen/Washington Post

papidulo
Rookie
And1: 651

Re: Gruden Disputes Notion He's Treating Cousins Differently Than Griffin 

Post#2 » by papidulo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:43 am

I hope the Skins have a bad season, for the sole reason that i want Gruden fired.

The main reason he got the job was because he lobbied that as a young NFL coach, hed be able to vibe well with RG3. Then he threw RG3 under the bus almost immediately in favor of Cousins...

He needs to go back to being a coordinator. Only got this job because of who his brother is.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion