Vikings Want To Contend Amid Quarterback Change

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Vikings Want To Contend Amid Quarterback Change 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:29 pm

The Minnesota Vikings are undergoing a change at quarterback this offseason, but they still hope to be in playoff contention in 2024.

Vikings owner/president Mark Wilf made clear that his family still thinks the team should build for the future while winning in the present. He acknowledged that injuries played a role in last season\'s record but said that his family is \"not going to rest on that.\"

\"We want to win every single game and every step along the way,\" Wilf said. \"So how that falls, what will happen on the field, we\'ll see. It\'s important our fans to know that that\'s always our commitment and that\'s how we approach it. At the same time, we believe the way we\'re building this is going to get to sustained success. We\'re, like our fans, not pleased with our record last year. We want to be competing for playoffs, championships, division titles and Super Bowl championships, all of the above.\"

Wilf added that the Vikings made Kirk Cousins a \"serious offer\" to remain with the team. Minnesota replaced Cousins with free agent Sam Darnold and are hoping to draft their quarterback of the future next month.

Asked what made him believe the Vikings could win and compete for a playoff spot amid that transition, Wilf said: \"I think it can happen. I believe it can happen. I believe it has happened in other organizations as well, and that\'s what we think can happen.\"

Via Kevin Seifert/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion