Eagles Lose Salary Cap Executive Jake Rosenberg

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Eagles Lose Salary Cap Executive Jake Rosenberg 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:34 pm

Jake Rosenberg will leave the Philadelphia Eagles next month when his contract expires.

Rosenberg is the Eagles\' long-time salary cap expert and one of Howie Roseman\'s closest aides. Rosenberg is leaving the Eagles in hopes of someday becoming a general manager. 

“Over a pretty extended period of time I have just thought to myself that if it doesn’t seem like it’s in the cards for me to advance in this league, and have a chance to keep pushing and growing, that at the end of the day, what is involved to do this in terms of a life perspective, it’s not going to be worth it,” Rosenberg told The Inquirer.

Rosenberg and Roseman have been friends since elementary school.

“Over the last 12-plus years, Jake has been so important to our team and a big part of our success,” Roseman said this week at the NFL meetings. “More importantly, he’s a true friend who has built lifelong relationships here, throughout this league and beyond. While I hate to lose him, I wish him nothing but success going forward.

“I wish we could keep him, but he and I have always discussed how important it is to continue to grow and look for new challenges. He deserves the opportunity to become a free agent and whatever he decides is next, I know he’s going to be successful.”

Via Jeff McLane/Philadelphia Inquirer

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion