Aaron Rodgers Says He Feared Career Was Over After Injury

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Aaron Rodgers Says He Feared Career Was Over After Injury 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:04 pm

Aaron Rodgers has admitted that he worried his football career would be over when he suffered a season-ending Achilles injury on Sept. 11 of last year.

\"I was really thinking, \'This is it. You don\'t come back from this injury,\'\" the 40-year-old quarterback said in a two-hour interview on the \"I Can Fly\" podcast.

His night began when he ran out with the American flag during the pregame introductions, which he called \"one of the highest highs in my sporting career.\" Minutes later, on the New York Jets\' first possession of the season, he was carted off with a season-ending injury.

\"I had this incredible offseason experience in a new city, a new town, with new teammates, a new organization, an owner for the first time, and really falling back in love with the game that I first fell in love with when I was 5 years old,\" Rodgers said. \"It was absolutely beautiful and special and deep and rich and yummy, and just incredible.

\"And then, one of the most heartbreaking nights of my life, when I played four plays. Talk about an ego death.\"

Via Rich Cimini/ESPN

NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 144

Re: Aaron Rodgers Says He Feared Career Was Over After Injury 

Post#2 » by NUMBERICA » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm

It was “yummy”?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,553

Post#3 » by Revived » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:52 pm

NUMBERICA wrote:It was “yummy”?

Lot of great food in NY.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,761

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:41 pm

I feared my career was over, which was why I then immediately vowed publicly to come back from injury in 4 months for something that has a one year recovery.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion