Bears To Unveil Plan For New Stadium In Chicago

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Bears To Unveil Plan For New Stadium In Chicago 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm

The Bears will unveil a plan to remain in Chicago, rather than leaving for the suburbs, on Wednesday.

The plan includes a new domed stadium along Chicago\'s lakefront. A statement released by the Bears on Monday indicates that city officials are on board and will participate in the announcement.

\"The Chicago Bears, in collaboration with city officials and stakeholders, will host a press conference on Wednesday, April 24, to announce their plans for a state-of-the-art, publicly owned enclosed stadium, along with additional green and open space with access to the lakefront for families and fans, on the Museum Campus,\" the statement said.

The Bears purchased land in the suburb of Arlington Heights that they said they would build a stadium on, only to backtrack when they were told the property taxes on that property would be significantly higher than they expected.

Via Michael David Smith/Pro Football Talk

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 470

Re: Bears To Unveil Plan For New Stadium In Chicago 

Post#2 » by Future Coach » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:39 am

I don't recall seeing any articles about public funding being decided on for the Bears, yet this article suggests that the stadium will be "publicly owned." I'll be interested to see more about how this will be financed. And what will become of Soldier Field (which I believe is also publicly owned)?

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion