Niners: WR Trade Unlikely Despite Ricky Pearsall Pick

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Niners: WR Trade Unlikely Despite Ricky Pearsall Pick 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm

The San Francisco 49ers drafted a wide receiver on Thursday night, but the team says that doesn\'t mean they\'ll trade someone like Deebo Samuel or Brandon Aiyuk.

Aiyuk is entering the fifth and final year of his rookie contract, which has led to plenty of trade speculation.

John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan acknowledged that there had been discussions with other teams, but no deals came close to happening.

Asked late Thursday night if such a trade could still happen heading into Friday, Lynch and Shanahan again didn\'t sound like a deal for either player was imminent, though they didn\'t close the door completely.

\"It doesn\'t seem that likely to be honest,\" Shanahan said. \"But I\'m still on the table. If someone offered [owner] Jed [York] and John good stuff for me, I\'m going to be out of here.\"

Via Nick Wagoner/ESPN

niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Re: Niners: WR Trade Unlikely Despite Ricky Pearsall Pick 

Post#2 » by niha17 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm

dont make it that easy kyle. your playoff and super bowl play is getting people to say you can finish with a lead in big games. I dont know how many more good players you need to beat mahomes. get it done I wouldnt have hired him off of the super bowl he lost the lead to new england. Im not saying you suck as a coach but your real close

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion