What grade do you give the Kings for signing DeMarcus Cousins to a max deal?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Kings for signing DeMarcus Cousins to a max deal? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:52 am

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
zeke_is_my_god
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: What grade do you give the Kings for signing DeMarcus Co 

Post#2 » by zeke_is_my_god » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Cousins is a great ball player, but he's a serious liability and I think that outweighs his on-court value at the moment. However, I don't think there are too many teams willing to take Cousins on in exchange for a player of like value (and there aren't too many) or or future draft picks (anyone with a decent pick in the next draft probably wouldn't risk it for a chance to develop Cousins), so this was really the best of the very few decisions the Kings could have made with Cousins this offseason. None of that is to say Cousins will always be a liability; he's one of those "High Cost-high benefit" players. Affix him with a coaching staff that could keep him leveled and offer some discipline, and he could do some serious damage.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:08 pm

good move for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in ages. hes making 15.5 mill for 4 seasons. teams will take on that in a trade if its for the right player or situation. he has to grow up at some point. wasn't Zach Randolph a hot head his first few seasons. cousins just feels hes the best player on his team and wants to be treated like it but is wrong about how he goes about it. he is way to immature for a star player but hes worth that money. they had a choice to choose him or evans and it had to be one of the two. this is closer to the kind of contract that paul George should've gotten
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 146

Post#4 » by Rashidi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:40 pm

Kings pay the small-market tax w/ the max contract.

If the Kings were to let Cousins walk, who could they convince to sign there to replace him? Nobody.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,842

Post#5 » by brackdan70 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:46 pm

poor investment
Sign here

Return to Polls Discussion