What grade do you give the Pistons for signing Josh Smith?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

What grade do you give the Pistons for signing Josh Smith? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 pm

1. A
2. B
3. C
4. D
5. F
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: What grade do you give the Pistons for signing Josh Smit 

Post#2 » by 121212 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

I cannot understand why the Pistons the one year that they should allow themselves to be bad go and sign Josh Smith making them mediocre at best and on the edge of the playoff race. This is expected to be one of the best drafts of all time. Had the Pistons waited one more year they could draft someone low and the following year they would be able to go out and sign a Josh Smith type/caliber player in a much better free agent class as well. Now they're stuck being decent. Terrible signing. I have no idea what they were thinking.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,273

Post#3 » by King4Day » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:03 pm

Now if they traded Monroe for Rondo (in some fashion of a deal), it would make more sense. You have your PG, PF, Center. This team would be dangerous.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by 121212 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:54 pm

they still wouldnt have enough. should have tanked
Combs84
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#5 » by Combs84 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:15 pm

121212 wrote:I cannot understand why the Pistons the one year that they should allow themselves to be bad go and sign Josh Smith making them mediocre at best and on the edge of the playoff race. This is expected to be one of the best drafts of all time. Had the Pistons waited one more year they could draft someone low and the following year they would be able to go out and sign a Josh Smith type/caliber player in a much better free agent class as well. Now they're stuck being decent. Terrible signing. I have no idea what they were thinking.

It's not even a guarantee they'll have their pick. They only get it if they are in the top 8 spots, and they were 8th last year and are easily better even without Smith. They had to spend on somebody. You don't just tank after being in the lotto for like 5 seasons and hope you end up with a draft pick.

And BTW the draft is overrated. It has that top guy and 2 or 3 other main guys. But they weren't going to be that high anyway. Calling it the best draft of all time is dumb.
IDBall
Pro Prospect
And1: 569

Post#6 » by IDBall » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 pm

It worked well in NBA 2k13 when I tried it :lol:

Return to Polls Discussion