If an NBA player is found to have used PEDs, should voters keep him out of the Hall of Fame?

RyanStorm
Rookie
And1: 5

Re: If an NBA player is found to have used PEDs, should vote 

Post#2 » by RyanStorm » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 pm

PED's and Substances that are used for cheating/quick recovery, should be shunned from Basketball!!!! They knowingly cheated, and lied about it all these years. They should get the Canseco and Armstrong treatment. I am not going to throw out names, but they are out there, and people don't want to even question them.

These people need to be removed from Hall of Fame, and their championships dismissed. I can think of several players from the 90's who obviously used PED's, one in particular who people are probably protecting, and plenty of people from this generation who have questionable turnarounds and probably from illegal treatments, not from USA. Such as the treatments that turned an old man into a 20 year old again.

The non-cheating team from a loss that was cheated to win, should also be given the championship trophy they rightfully should own it, cause without cheating they would own it. Cheating is the most disgusting part of professional sports, and everyone knows guys are doing it, but they let people win championships, and then later slap their wrists/hide it from public, and keep them out of Hall of Fame(as if that really bothers them). They don't deserve anything they earned while cheating.
Combs84
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#3 » by Combs84 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:16 pm

I guess I just don't care about the use of PEDs unless it's the sport of baseball.
falcon107
Junior
And1: 20

Post#4 » by falcon107 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:54 pm

We are not talking about running or cycling or other sports that PEDs can really make a difference. PEDs of course make a basketball player physically better, but being being physically better does not make him a better player. For basketball, football and especially other team sports their effect is really little.

Therefore they must still be punished, but for basketball keeping them out of the Hall of Fame is too harsh as PED's have little if any effect to their performance.

Regards,
Ridian
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Ridian » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:15 am

I for one think we know who the prime culprit is...A mister Kobe Bryant who was dunking all over the place last season after hardly being able to jump the season before that!
Anders80
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Anders80 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Wow, you really need to update your knowledge about PEDs. Being physically superior is a MAJOR advantage in basketball. How good would DH12 be if he wasn't so physically superior to the players he faces. Lebron wouldn't be the best player in the world if he had arms like KD. And I could name 100 other examples and I haven't even touched on the help in recovering from injury PEDs give. BTW, I'm not saying they are using PEDs.

falcon107 wrote:We are not talking about running or cycling or other sports that PEDs can really make a difference. PEDs of course make a basketball player physically better, but being being physically better does not make him a better player. For basketball, football and especially other team sports their effect is really little.

Therefore they must still be punished, but for basketball keeping them out of the Hall of Fame is too harsh as PED's have little if any effect to their performance.

Regards,
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#7 » by JoshB914 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Professional athletes will do whatever it takes to get an extra edge. End of story.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,842

Post#8 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm

JoshB914 wrote:Professional athletes will do whatever it takes to get an extra edge. End of story.

um, pretty sure that's not the end of the story.
Sign here
esperanzafleet
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#9 » by esperanzafleet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10 am

falcon107 wrote:We are not talking about running or cycling or other sports that PEDs can really make a difference. PEDs of course make a basketball player physically better, but being being physically better does not make him a better player. For basketball, football and especially other team sports their effect is really little.

Regards,

so, you dont think a dominating Defensive end in football using PED's would have an advantage?

congratulations on the dumbest internet post ive ever read!
falcon107
Junior

Post#10 » by falcon107 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:28 am

esperanzafleet wrote:

Regards,

so, you dont think a dominating Defensive end in football using PED's would have an advantage?

congratulations on the dumbest internet post ive ever read!

I am talking about soccer here... For American football you are right and that makes my post really dumb. :-(

For - American - football I am at Gladwell's train, and I think its rules need to change to make it less brutal. But this is something else.
falcon107
Junior

Post#11 » by falcon107 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:36 am

Anders80 wrote:Wow, you really need to update your knowledge about PEDs. Being physically superior is a MAJOR advantage in basketball. How good would DH12 be if he wasn't so physically superior to the players he faces. Lebron wouldn't be the best player in the world if he had arms like KD. And I could name 100 other examples and I haven't even touched on the help in recovering from injury PEDs give. BTW, I'm not saying they are using PEDs.

Regards,

You are right but what I intend to say is something else, the performance of the players in basketball not as whole depends on drugs. Basketball is more complicated than that. For cycling for example drugs can change the performance upside down, but for basketball if say Orlando is allowed to use drugs, this would hardly change their position and that won't make them a play-off team.
Anders80
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#12 » by Anders80 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:35 am

No, PEDs are not gonna turn the worst team into a playoff team, but the difference between winner a championship or losing in the conference finals (and thus never be remembered) are small and PEDs could very well tip the scales.
Continuing the hypothetical examples I used before:
In the case of Lebron, if he were just another NBA player physically, then he would probably be two rings and 4 MVPs lighter. Don't tell me that wouldn't change the NBA landscape!

BTW. Your notion on soccer and PEDs are also wrong. A google exercise: "Italy football doping". If it didn't help then why are they doing it?????

falcon107 wrote:
Anders80 wrote:Wow, you really need to update your knowledge about PEDs. Being physically superior is a MAJOR advantage in basketball. How good would DH12 be if he wasn't so physically superior to the players he faces. Lebron wouldn't be the best player in the world if he had arms like KD. And I could name 100 other examples and I haven't even touched on the help in recovering from injury PEDs give. BTW, I'm not saying they are using PEDs.

Regards,

You are right but what I intend to say is something else, the performance of the players in basketball not as whole depends on drugs. Basketball is more complicated than that. For cycling for example drugs can change the performance upside down, but for basketball if say Orlando is allowed to use drugs, this would hardly change their position and that won't make them a play-off team.
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#13 » by totalrekall » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm

pretty obvious this is a question pointed at LeBron. that dude is on every performance enhancing substance known to man
jellybean8
Banned User
And1: 100

Post#14 » by jellybean8 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:59 am

Heat fans saying no :lol:
mjd58
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#15 » by mjd58 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 am

jellybean8 wrote:Heat fans saying no :lol:

LOL! I've had my suspicions about Lebron James since he came into the NBA. UIs it possible that he is simply an athletic freak with an improbable physique? Sure. But can you really blame someone for wondering in the back of his mind "what if?". What if Lebron has been taking some non-detectable performance enhancing drug since his 2001-2002 senior highschool season? What if the NBA was aware of this, and perhaps, even encouraged his usage? What if the NBA, with Lebron James, were putting Lebrons unique talent and charisma to popularize the game over sportsmanship and integrity?

These are all plausible questions; logically, it would seem intelligent to recruit one special person with a special personality, and ''pump him up" to make him even more impossible; to dub him the "the next MJ", to promote him like no other athlete had ever been promoted - all for the NBA's own self promotion.

Psychologically, Lebron has had an enormous impact on basketball popularity into the 2000's.

But, of course, this is all speculation. Without evidence, it would not be possible to make the accusation; but, perhaps, Lance Armstrong's invincibility for so many years - in the face of constant allegations of doping - shows how complicated the world of sport can be. Lebron James may in fact be using a non-detectable hormonal therapy that enhances muscle growth; or, he is the first true physical anomoly professional sports has ever seen. We've seen 6'8. We've seen 6'8 and 250lbs. But we have NEVER seen 6'8, 250 with THAT TYPE OF ATHLETICISM.
jellybean8
Banned User
And1: 100

Post#16 » by jellybean8 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:23 am

mjd58 wrote:
jellybean8 wrote:Heat fans saying no :lol:

LOL! I've had my suspicions about Lebron James since he came into the NBA. UIs it possible that he is simply an athletic freak with an improbable physique? Sure. But can you really blame someone for wondering in the back of his mind "what if?". What if Lebron has been taking some non-detectable performance enhancing drug since his 2001-2002 senior highschool season? What if the NBA was aware of this, and perhaps, even encouraged his usage? What if the NBA, with Lebron James, were putting Lebrons unique talent and charisma to popularize the game over sportsmanship and integrity?

These are all plausible questions; logically, it would seem intelligent to recruit one special person with a special personality, and ''pump him up" to make him even more impossible; to dub him the "the next MJ", to promote him like no other athlete had ever been promoted - all for the NBA's own self promotion.

Psychologically, Lebron has had an enormous impact on basketball popularity into the 2000's.

But, of course, this is all speculation. Without evidence, it would not be possible to make the accusation; but, perhaps, Lance Armstrong's invincibility for so many years - in the face of constant allegations of doping - shows how complicated the world of sport can be. Lebron James may in fact be using a non-detectable hormonal therapy that enhances muscle growth; or, he is the first true physical anomoly professional sports has ever seen. We've seen 6'8. We've seen 6'8 and 250lbs. But we have NEVER seen 6'8, 250 with THAT TYPE OF ATHLETICISM.

Wade too lol
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#17 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm

LeBron James says the NBA doesn't have a steroid problem

Derrick Rose says the NBA has a huge steroid problem

Who do you believe?
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
pssshhhrrr87
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#18 » by pssshhhrrr87 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:LeBron James says the NBA doesn't have a steroid problem

Who do you believe?

The guy that could have used steroids to come back from injury sooner and not the guy that went from string bean to pure muscle in a matter of an offseason.
Roseventyfour
Sophomore

Post#19 » by Roseventyfour » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 pm

PEDs aren't going to help you shoot a basketball. Being able to run up and down the court faster than everyone else means nothing if you can't make a layup. Defense is all skill, effort and knowledge, nothing PEDs can help with there either.
Roseventyfour
Sophomore

Post#20 » by Roseventyfour » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:LeBron James says the NBA doesn't have a steroid problem

Who do you believe?

Unless he's talking about himself or his teammate's heavy usage I wouldn't believe Rose he doesn't seem like the social butterfly type who would be in the know. He seems more like the talks to himself kind of guy.

Return to Polls Discussion