Which 22 and under center will have the best NBA career?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which 22 and under center will have the best NBA career? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Wed Mar 4, 2015 6:15 pm

1. Gobert
2. Drummond
3. Embiid
4. J. Okafor
5. Towns
6. Valanciunas
7. Len
8. Nurkic
9. S. Adams
10. Other
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Re: Which 22 and under center will have the best NBA career? 

Post#2 » by luss54321 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:45 pm

1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Drummond

Those are the clear cut top 3.

Nobody on this list comes close to the offensive talent that Okafor and Towns have. Both should be 20 PPG scorers in the NBA.
falcon107
Junior
And1: 20

Post#3 » by falcon107 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:15 am

Enes Kanter should be at the list.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#4 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Mar 5, 2015 11:21 pm

falcon107 wrote:Enes Kanter should be at the list.

A lot of people consider him a PF.
ADDinChicago
Analyst
And1: 757

Post#5 » by ADDinChicago » Thu Mar 5, 2015 11:59 pm

Outside of Okafor and maybe Nurkic, yikes. Not a lot to look forward to.
rocafelton
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#6 » by rocafelton » Fri Mar 6, 2015 2:02 am

luss54321 wrote:1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Drummond

Nobody on this list comes close to the offensive talent that Okafor and Towns have. Both should be 20 PPG scorers in the NBA.

Despite his impressive passing and ability to knock down a 16-footer, Karl Towns isn't a polished offensive player, and I wouldn't expect gaudy numbers from him next season. I think you're crazy to exclude Embiid. Injury concerns aside, his upside dwarfs that of everyone on this list.
johnnystamos
Sophomore
And1: 16

Post#7 » by johnnystamos » Fri Mar 6, 2015 2:29 pm

JazzMatt13 wrote:
falcon107 wrote:Enes Kanter should be at the list.

A lot of people consider him a PF.

Like who? Not basketball-reference or wikipedia or nba.com...
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#8 » by ohio » Fri Mar 6, 2015 5:19 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:Outside of Okafor and maybe Nurkic, yikes. Not a lot to look forward to.

you sure? drummond is averaging 13/13 at 21. Towns is yet to play a game in the NBA.

The biggest hole about this poll is the fact that it's under 22, big men traditionally take a while to develop.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#9 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 5:24 pm

ohio wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:Outside of Okafor and maybe Nurkic, yikes. Not a lot to look forward to.

you sure? drummond is averaging 13/13 at 21. Towns is yet to play a game in the NBA.

The biggest hole about this poll is the fact that it's under 22, big men traditionally take a while to develop.

I'll give you Towns.

Drummond does very little for me. Between his back and not looking like he'll ever be a 1 or leader type, nope. DeMarcus Cousins puts up big numbers too. I'd not ask him to lead my team. Maybe when he leaves Detroit.
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#10 » by ohio » Fri Mar 6, 2015 5:44 pm

ADDinChicago wrote:
ohio wrote:

I'll give you Towns.

Drummond does very little for me. Between his back and not looking like he'll ever be a 1 or leader type, nope. DeMarcus Cousins puts up big numbers too. I'd not ask him to lead my team. Maybe when he leaves Detroit.

I'd trade Love or Kyrie in a heartbeat for DMC right now, specially if he came with Malone as the coach.

Center is the position with most impact, Mozgov who barely cracked double digits in any of the stats completely transformed our team with 3 superstars, there's reason these guys get paid so much.
ADDinChicago
Analyst

Post#11 » by ADDinChicago » Fri Mar 6, 2015 7:54 pm

Yeah, because the CBA is ridiculous and will continue to do so. There's a reason there's a lockout every time a new one is due.

And I said to lead my team. Not to be paired with an elite player or two.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#12 » by JazzMatt13 » Sun Mar 8, 2015 8:24 am

ohio wrote:
ADDinChicago wrote:
ohio wrote:you sure? drummond is averaging 13/13 at 21. Towns is yet to play a game in the NBA.

I'll give you Towns.

I'd trade Love or Kyrie in a heartbeat for DMC right now, specially if he came with Malone as the coach.

Center is the position with most impact, Mozgov who barely cracked double digits in any of the stats completely transformed our team with 3 superstars, there's reason these guys get paid so much.

If Kyrie, Lebron and Cousins were on the starting line up, this game would be over.

Love is an over-skilled 4 that Cavs didn't need, because Lebron is the pinnacle of being overskilled, aka a guy who can do it all, and is the best 2-way, get you points when you need, and get a stop on defense when needed. They needed a powerhouse, a guy who is gonna get you easy paint points, 2nd chance offensive boards, and is gonna keep fools out the paint.

If a great small team like Cavs had Rudy Gobert, omg, it is the same with Cousins, no one is gonna go in there, and even if anyone did, that shot is getting disrupted, well at least with Gobert it would.
brooklynoxy
Senior
And1: 121

Post#13 » by brooklynoxy » Mon Mar 9, 2015 9:30 am

luss54321 wrote:1) Okafor
2) Towns
3) Drummond

Having the best NBA career also involves playing defense. I hope that a few of these guys have a little DeAndre Jordan in them. Minus the Kim Hughes/Chris Dudley free throw proficiency.
"You have to respect your coach. I know LeBron's a great player, but I think he stepped over the line." Walt "Clyde" Frazier
DAVIINCI
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#14 » by DAVIINCI » Thu Apr 2, 2015 10:52 pm

As the NBA regular season and NCAA Tournament both wind down, Rudy Gobert, Andre Drummond, and Karl-Anthony Towns are my top three in no particular order.

Rudy Gobert has had very solid production since being inserted into the starting lineup, and he has the athleticism and potential to be a defensive anchor and perennial DPOY candidate in Utah for the next decade.

Andre Drummond is a bit of an enigma because of his inconsistency at times, but his rebounding ability alone is already near the top of the League. With SVG's previous experience with Dwight, I foresee Drummond's game becoming somewhat more polished on both ends of the floor. While he may not have the same fluidity Dwight has, Drummond does possess the athleticism to compensate at times for his lack of refined skill.

Karl-Anthony Towns has such a well-rounded game with still too much room to grow and improve. He can score inside, he has solid mechanics on his jumpshot, and he can defend and rebound. His biggest question mark transitioning to the League is how he matches up against elite-level athletes in terms of strength, speed, and quickness, but so far at Kentucky he looks like he should be able to compete from day one.

Return to Polls Discussion